I have had no problems with my computer and using KOLMafia for about 3 weeks. Then it started to lag and then freeze up. I hadn't done anything different with any of my programs on my computer and didn't think I did any changes to KOLMafia either.
I looked back through the forums, and someone mentioned that since this might not be a bug, it should be posted in Community support, so I hope this is where it should go.
FYI, I am not well-versed in Computer technology and tech speak (KOLMafia basic info is barely within my grasp of knowledge), but hopefully could help diagnose the problem.
Chrome for the browser
In running Mafia, it will run about 15 to 20 adventures before lagging and maybe running another couple and then freezing up.
When trying to log out of Mafia, it hangs on different things and won't log out. I have to shut it down.
When I bring it back up, it freezes on different things (like checking moon signs, or updating storage, or doing breakfast) and won't bring up the relay browser or won't bring it up all the way.
I may have to shut down and restart it a couple of times for it to get to a point that I can it to run another 20 adventures or so.
What previously had taken about 10 to 20 minutes to burn my 200+ turns (just adventuring in one zone with no changes or anything), now takes over a few hours.
What I have done to try and fix the issue:
- I have updated to the most recent build. Did not change the lag
- I have changed the location to another folder on my computer. I started with only the daily build, and then added some scripts - like Ezandora's Guide, CHiT, and other helpful assisting scripts. - still lagged on simple turn burning.
- I installed the Mafia on a thumb drive - still lags and freezes up, no change.
- I made explorer as the browser - no change, still freezes and lags
- Thought that maybe it was my Antivirus. I uninstalled Mcafee. - I tried with just Windows Defender and it still freezes.
- I installed another antivirus - Avast. and still freezes
- I uninstalled Java and then reinstalled the current java. still freezes,
So I may have shot myself in the foot for help by deleting my old builds and copies of mafia that were on my computer. I see that I only have Debug's from Feb 09 and Feb 10th 2018. The other Debug's that I have were from Dec 2017 and before.
I would appreciate any help that can be given to see if I can get back to using mafia daily with the many restarts and freezing. Thank you in advance!
Edit: If you think you may be able to help, please reply here or shoot me a kmail in the game. I have access to the game at work, but not usually the forums. Thanks!