Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garbage Fire

r18404 adds garbageFireProgress.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Looks good to me in r.18406. Thanks!

Are we done here?
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    The consumables are still unimplemented in the Food and Booze tabs of the Item Manager (extra-toasted half sandwich and mulled hobo wine). Other than those 2 I think everything else is in unless TPTB change things.

Developer

The consumables are still unimplemented in the Food and Booze tabs of the Item Manager (extra-toasted half sandwich and mulled hobo wine). Other than those 2 I think everything else is in unless TPTB change things.
    Originally Posted by Malibu Stacey View Post
    We lack power to make TPTB implement things (though I have logged a ticket now).

I will spade the consumables on an alt.

Developer

Consumables in r18407. Will close as that's all we can do til the effects are put public.

r18722:
    1. when the garbage fire drops a burning newspaper there is a "use" button next to it in the combat menu that doesn't do anything. It should be a "fold" button instead of use for out of combat usage that leads to its folding menu.
    2. also for some reason the garbage fire shows -1/30 charges immediately after a drop for some reason.

"the combat menu" is what, exactly? It apparently has "buttons".
    I can't visualize what you might be talking about.

"the combat menu" is what, exactly? It apparently has "buttons".
    I can't visualize what you might be talking about.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Sorry, not menu but UI. KoL has a built in combat interface in which you fight an enemy, when you win a combat it stays on that page until you leave, and lists the items that dropped from the defeated opponent as well as your substat gains. Mafia collects all the drops/pickpocket/other sources of gains at the very bottom of that screen and adds to those items buttons such as "use/cheat/eat/drink/etc" for usable items that just dropped.

OK. We add a "use link" to the "burning newspaper" - since it is "usable" - and you want it to go to whatever KoL's "fold" interface is, rather than use_item.php.

We certainly have the technology to do that.

OK. We add a "use link" to the "burning newspaper" - since it is "usable" - and you want it to go to whatever KoL's "fold" interface is, rather than use_item.php.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    yes, that is what I mean.
    because use_item.php doesn't work on this item. clicking it does nothing, it does not have a use button in non mafia kol, only a fold button.

also, I just found an example (couldn't create one with my account since out of adventures for the day).
    https://youtu.be/3teP-T5h3L4?t=14m27s

if you check that video at exactly that spot, you see how it says
    You acquire an item: little firkin [use] [smash party]
    this is what I was referring to. For burning newspaper it should be a [fold] instead of a [use] button there.
    Last edited by taltamir; 07-27-2018 at 05:15 AM.

I don't watch videos. But I already knew exactly what you meant. It's a three line fix in UseLinkDecorator.java. We have similar code for other things which you want to "fold" or otherwise screw with outside of use_item.php.

18723 makes the burning fire link work.