Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: January 2018 IotM: January's Garbage Tote

And are charges that weren’t used the previous day still there to use ? Ie if you have an unused champagne bottle at the end of day one, can you use it on 11 combats, then get a new one for another 11?
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    No, they are set to 0.

And are charges that weren?t used the previous day still there to use ? Ie if you have an unused champagne bottle at the end of day one, can you use it on 11 combats, then get a new one for another 11?
    Apparently the answer to this is yes. But picking up an item will lose all of the previous day's charge. So this simplifies the modifier handling, but introduces other new handling that will be a bit messy but probably fairly straightforward.

Developer

Started looking at this. Boy will it be a dogs breakfast of special cases.

I think we just need some preferences that aren't underscore for the bonuses, and daily one for taking an item (once we swap an item for the first time we know all are at max charge).

But then we need maximizer to consider items to have charges if non zero OR not taken today, and calculate modifiers based on that, but only when using maximizer. We need maximizer to know to recreate an item if zero charges and not taken today. We need fold to allow items to be folded into themselves.

Anything else ?

You might want the maximizer to pop a warning the first time you do fold for the day, since that would lose you all those charges you carefully saved from the previous day.

Noticed something a bit odd.

use maximizer to maximize for "item" with a folded item (worn or not is irrelevant)

Fold a garbage shirt, doesn't matter if worn or not. Then maximize "item".
    It will want to fold and equip used tape as a hat. Only once I let it do so will it display the option to fold and equip a broken champagne bottle.

Fold tinsel tights or crimbo tree, and it wants to immediately go to champagne bottle without using wad of tape as an intermediary.
    Naturally having pre-folded champagne bottle or wad of used tape (in the inventory and not worn) will make it also go straight to using champagne bottle.

So basically, if I have folded any item other than garbage shirt in my inventory and not worn, it will want to fold and wear the champagne bottle. But if I have folded a garbage shirt it will want to fold a wad of tape which gives lower +item bonus.

For clarity:
    Currently Folded -> Wants to Equip (and acquire if needed)
    deceased crimbo tree -> broken champagne bottle
    broken champagne bottle -> broken champagne bottle
    tinsel tights -> broken champagne bottle
    wad of used tape -> broken champagne bottle
    makeshift garbage shirt -> wad of used tape, giving inferior results and immediately upon refresh will suggest switching to broken champagne bottle.
    Last edited by taltamir; 08-30-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Developer

I think this is a variation of the maximizer always prefers an item to no item bug. In this case I suspect you have no other shirt, so it prefers garbage shirt to all.

Developer

Hopefully r18833 prefers nothing over items that are worse, which might fix that.

Hopefully r18833 prefers nothing over items that are worse, which might fix that.
    confirmed, it now directly goes from garbage shirt to bottle of champagne.

edit: wait, nope. still doing it while in run itself. (doing HCCS runs on day 1, i have practically nothing to wear).
    I had tested it in aftercore where it worked correctly. But in aftercore i had plenty of alternatives.
    Last edited by taltamir; 09-02-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Developer

r18848 properly handles the 'new' way Garbage item charges reset, I hope.

Developer

r18849 handles case where you only have one item in a slot, and it's foldable and might be needed elsewhere.

ie. When you have Makeshift Garbage Shirt as your only shirt and would be better off without it.