Thread: scripting appears broken? (r18325)

Default scripting appears broken? (r18325)

Updated to

Code:
    > version

KoLmafia v17.12 r18325
    today.
    Can't use WHAM in my CCS. Can't use Ezandora's KGB relay override script (examine link goes to the KGB).

Crash logs are:

Code:
    Unexpected error, debug log printed.
    class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.DataFileCache.getReader(DataFileCache.java:192)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.file_to_map(RuntimeLibrary.java:7147)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.file_to_map(RuntimeLibrary.java:7138)
    	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor279.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:104)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:151)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:417)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.StaticScope.execute(StaticScope.java:52)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:417)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:377)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:325)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:318)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.nextRound(FightRequest.java:988)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.runOnce(FightRequest.java:1862)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.run(FightRequest.java:1924)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.run(FightRequest.java:1895)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAutoCombatThread.run(RelayAutoCombatThread.java:76)
    when I tried to use WHAM as my CCS

And the KGB one is just

Code:
    Unexpected error, debug log printed.
    class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    KGB also fails when I try to use the briefcase command in the CLI.

Everything was working fine yesterday on r18323.

My session log also has a bunch of errors I didn't notice happen. They all seem to happen when visiting choice urls (Witchess Set, W.L.F Bunker in 70's Volcano, Asdon Martin in Workshed, LTT Office). Can provide crash logs for those too if required.

Developer

No errors anything like those for me.

at java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.DataFileCache.getR eader(DataFileCache.java:192)
    That's one of those things that Cannot Happen (tm) (r) (c), unless there's something seriously wrong with your computer, or java, or at least something like suddenly not having enough memory.

I don't think we got anywhere the last time this happened to somebody.

That's one of those things that Cannot Happen (tm) (r) (c), unless there's something seriously wrong with your computer, or java, or at least something like suddenly not having enough memory.

I don't think we got anywhere the last time this happened to somebody.
    Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    Well it worked perfectly fine when I ran r18323 instead of r18325 so I'd chalk it up to a build issue with r18325 if that's the case. Updating to r18329 just now, will see how that goes.

[edit] r18329 works fine with the KGB script (haven't tested anything else yet) so I'd say ignore this unless someone else has a similar issue.
    Last edited by Malibu Stacey; 12-22-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Well it worked perfectly fine when I ran r18323 instead of r18325 so I'd chalk it up to a build issue with r18325 if that's the case. Updating to r18329 just now, will see how that goes.

[edit] r18329 works fine with the KGB script (haven't tested anything else yet) so I'd say ignore this unless someone else has a similar issue.
    Originally Posted by Malibu Stacey View Post
    That has likely all to do with starting new session(s), rather than build version.

That has likely all to do with starting new session(s), rather than build version.
    Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    Fair enough, I'll chalk it up to Java being Java. If it happens again I'll try restarting the same build & see if it goes away.

Cheers.