Bug - Fixed Unable to autoadventure while Batfellow

zarqon

I believe I've found a bug:

{9 h. 55 m.} Gotpork Conservatory of Flowers
Encounter: Gotpork Conservatory

> adv 4 conservatory of flowers

You are too drunk to continue.

I'm not actually drunk outside of Batfellow, and I'm quite able to continue adventuring as Batfellow.

Am I the first person crazy enough to automate fights in Batfellow? Haha

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I tried to make Batfellow possible to automate, and worked hard to keep inventory and logging and such correct.
You are the first person to admit to trying to use this. Perhaps Batfellow scripts are proprietary.
Of course, you are (somehow) choosing where to go and simply using "adventure" to go there, with combat/consult scripts so, perhaps you are the first.

You are not drunk outside of Batfellow? Let me guess: you have drunk more than the (base) 15 inebriety limit for your path, but it is ignoring your Liver of Steel, since that is not a Batfellow skill?

zarqon

I have a "lots of spoilers" relay script that I've been adding more and more automation to for Batfellow, to the point where I'm starting to write a script that will simply handle all of it. I've been pleasantly surprised so far by how much information is already available for writing such a script. The only important things lacking are 1) current progress in each zone, b) monster attack/elements, and III) "turns" spent in each zone (for predicting choiceadventures). The first one can be parsed from charpane.php, and I've just hardcoded all of the second one into BatBrain, but the third one is guesswork. I have outstanding feature requests for the latter two as well.

Yesterday was my first attempt to begin automation, which was stopped before it started by the above error. I believe your guess is exactly correct, since in aftercore I do usually eat/drink to almost full in my login script.

IYou are not drunk outside of Batfellow? Let me guess: you have drunk more than the (base) 15 inebriety limit for your path, but it is ignoring your Liver of Steel, since that is not a Batfellow skill?

To add to this: You can batfellow while drunk, so the check could just be removed instead of having to alter it to be correct. Which may or may not be easier, I don't know about that.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I tried to make Batfellow possible to automate, and worked hard to keep inventory and logging and such correct.
You are the first person to admit to trying to use this. Perhaps Batfellow scripts are proprietary.
Of course, you are (somehow) choosing where to go and simply using "adventure" to go there, with combat/consult scripts so, perhaps you are the first.

Sometimes scripts are posted on AFH and not here. I'm not sure why. Clan loyalty? Either way, here's a script that's been around for about a year and a half:

http://alliancefromhell.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6519

zarqon

Huh. That would have been helpful to look at.

That script does everything with visit_url(). Which, given the limited nature of Batfellow, works fine (you don't need mood, recovery, or beforeBattle scripts to fire). But I'd still like to be able to adventure()!

zarqon

It's been a while -- during which I gave up on, forgot about, remembered, pish-poshed, re-forgot, re-remembered, then eventually re-attempted working on this script. But now this happens:

> adv 1 gotpork gardens cemetery

Created an empty checkpoint.

That area is not available.

I am Batfellow, and my previous adventure was just there, so mafia is unfortunately mistaken about the location's availability.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. It is not recursively checking the zone.

Gotpork Gardens Cemetery is in Center Park (Low Crime) is in Batfellow Area.
Limitmode.limitZone is simply checking for "Batfellow Area" - which would be correct, if we checked the zone of the zone of the adventure...

zarqon

Finally finished my run and able to test:

> adv 1 gotpork conservatory

Created an empty checkpoint.
Ran out of adventures.

I was out of adventures outside of Batfellow, so that is correct. However, I still had nearly all my minutes left, so that is not correct.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20212 does not consider adventuring in Spelunky or Batfellow to take turns.
Note that if you use the adv1 ASH function, you could specify that such adventures take 0 turns, but using a CLI command, no.