Prefref Plus -- ZLib script settings AND KoLmafia properties manager

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
@zarqon Hi, I was looking around and I didn't see a github account for your scripts, especially this one. Were you going to start one?

SourceForge still exists and KoLmafia support for SVN and SourceForge has not changed.

If you are having issues with updating SVN scripts that is because GitHub no longer supports using SVN to access scripts on GitHub. There are some scripts on GitHub that used SVN to access them or have a dependencies on GitHub that used SVN. The fix is to have the script author change how their script is accessed and/or what the dependencies are and have the KoLmafia file svnrepo.json updated. If the script author changes the dependency file then manually deleting the SVN dependency and then updating the script using the dependency should also fix things.

At the moment turning off automatic update of all SVN scripts is recommended. Manually try to update the scripts of interest.

You can use the command checksvngit at the gCLI to get a list of scripts that are installed and appear to be hosted on GitHub but use SVN for access. As long as anything is reported there will probably be problems.

This is a known issue but the preferred solution is to have script authors address it. There are other solutions but they give the appearance of appropriating someone else's intellectual property without permission.

Crowther

You can use the command checksvngit at the gCLI to get a list of scripts that are installed and appear to be hosted on GitHub but use SVN for access. As long as anything is reported there will probably be problems.
My report was 41 lines long. I've been procrastinating dealing with that.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
My report was 41 lines long. I've been procrastinating dealing with that.

Oh my!

Mine is two but I tend to be obsessive about clutter. If I am not using a script daily and it is someone else's that could be reinstalled then I will uninstall it. I'll archive the contents of scripts/ beforehand if that seems necessary but I think I have only gone back into the archive once in the past several years and that was to get one of my scripts that I thought I was done with :)

When my list was much longer some investigation yielded scripts that were available on GitHub via git "officially". I manually deleted the svn version and manually installed the Git version.