Meatsmithing

Pazleysox

Is there a script for checking meatsmithing recipes that don't currently exist? Like when a new item comes out, and it's smthable, do spades check the item against each other smithable item by hand, or is there a way to script it?

Theraze

Well, I didn't easily see if there's any exposed value for crafting types listed in the description, so... not without either a manual list of smithables, scraping the url for each item manually, or using some exposed value (whether one that I missed, or one from a custom-exposed edition of mafia) to easily compare...

Pazleysox

Well, I didn't easily see if there's any exposed value for crafting types listed in the description, so... not without either a manual list of smithables, scraping the url for each item manually, or using some exposed value (whether one that I missed, or one from a custom-exposed edition of mafia) to easily compare...

So 1 of 2 things has to happen, if I understand you correctly.

1) Script would have to include each and every current meat smithing item available, and test 1 item at a time against each available and look for results, or...

2) do it manually

Theraze

Not going to show how to do the second, since that's an abomination of server hits, but the first would be something like:
Code:
ashq item newit = $item[dense meat stack]; boolean[item] checkers = $items[meat stack, dense meat stack, chrome meat stack]; foreach it in checkers { craft("smith", 1, newit, it); }

xKiv

I think, ssuming that there are no hidden ingredients (no hotstuffing), you would start by having 1 of everything, hit the correct crafting page, parse the dropdown with every crafting ingredient you own, and try that. And you would want to ignore every recipe that's already known. And rebuy everything used up, unless it's too expensive.

What happens if you try to craft.php an existing recipe when you don't have the ingredients (and don't know the recipe yet)? (presumably it says that you don't have the items you are trying to smash together, which is useless for detecting whether they would actually make something, but you never know until somebody tries it)