Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New You 2.0 (New New You?)

I've now pushed out an update that re-introduces the old non-BatBrain code. Now, when you run the script, it asks you if you want to use BatBrain or not, and chooses the appropriate run method based on that.

One definite downside to the BatBrain method: if there's another monster in the zone that BatBrain thinks should be olfacted and you encounter it first, that's what you're getting. In my case, I was adventuring in the Pandamonium Slums to find a G Imp, but BatBrain decided to olfact the Hellion I came across.

I've now pushed out an update that re-introduces the old non-BatBrain code. Now, when you run the script, it asks you if you want to use BatBrain or not, and chooses the appropriate run method based on that.
    Originally Posted by coandco View Post
    Works. Thank you. Now I just need to set up an alias/wrapper so I don't get asked :-)
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

Theres a setting for autoolfact in which you can change what it olfacts.

Works. Thank you. Now I just need to set up an alias/wrapper so I don't get asked :-)
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    You can just call it by running "NewYou false" on the CLI.

You can just call it by running "NewYou false" on the CLI.
    I know. But I very rarely use the GCLI to enter commands. I do 90% of my interaction with the game via KolMafia's Scripts MRU list by picking scripts.
    I agree with frono.

One definite downside to the BatBrain method: if there's another monster in the zone that you have configured BatBrain to attract in your BatMan_attract setting and you encounter it first, that's what you're getting. In my case, I was adventuring in the Pandamonium Slums to find a G Imp, but BatBrain behaved as I had configured it to behave to olfact the Hellion I came across.
    Fixed your post for you! :P
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Fixed your post for you! :P
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Fair enough. Would it be a reasonable course of action to have NewYou.ash temporarily set the BatMan_attract setting to null for the duration of the script, since we don't want any other olfacts overriding ours? I didn't mean to imply that the fault was with BatBrain.

Fair enough. Would it be a reasonable course of action to have NewYou.ash temporarily set the BatMan_attract setting to null for the duration of the script, since we don't want any other olfacts overriding ours? I didn't mean to imply that the fault was with BatBrain.
    Actually under the circumstances my recommendation, as a systems integrator, would be to have NewYou save the BatBrain setting, replace it with NewYou olfaction setting and then NewYou restores BatBrain whenever NewYou exits. Doing this right is hard because NewYou has to restore after exits and aborts.

In general the world is a better place if user parameters I have set for any other script but NewYou remain unchanged after running NewYou.

This might be a reason to revert the Use BatBrain option, but we are dealing with my opinion which is not always as right as I think it is.

I don't have a dog in this fight since the character using NewYou isn't using batBrain and everyone else isn't using NewYou.
    I agree with frono.

Did not recognize Ninja Snowman as a valid monster today.

You should focus on priority prioritizing today. Cast Weapon of the Pastalord, once per fight, against a Ninja Snowman 8 times (look in Lair of the Ninja Snowmen).
    Using BatBrain, or not, made no difference.

Curiously when I did it manually there were monsters identified as "a Ninja Snowman" in the relay browser that were attacked with Weapon of the Pastalord but did not advance the saw counter, according to KoL.

The KoLmafia encyclopedia lists

• Ninja Snowman (Mask)
    • Ninja Snowman (Hilt)
    • Ninja Snowman (Chopsticks)
    • Ninja Snowman Janitor
    • Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster
    • ninja snowman assassin

with different monster IDs.

I'd guess the "Ninja Snowman" of the task is only one of the first three and what confused me in the relay browser was no obvious way to tell them apart.

I'd be OK if New You 2.0 just adventured in the area until the saw was sharp and olfacted nothing, but that might be suboptimal or wrong for other folks.
    I agree with frono.