The latest Daily Build

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
What I can do is make it so the changelog from the last x builds are located in the builds part of the server for the ones that are showing. I think I can do that.

zarqon

This is an exciting development, fewyn! Will certainly take some of the load off those who have been posting build up until now.

Although I'll miss dangerpin's build comments, this seems like it will get changes out to the masses faster.

For consolidating things a bit, it seems as though it wouldn't be too hard to add a download link to the RSS auto-posts, i.e.

http://builds.kolmafia.us/KoLmafia-7451.jar

for build 7451.

That would serve to at least get download links and revision notes in the same place.

And while I'm at it, I would like it if the revision number could be included in the post subject lines.

This is an exciting development, fewyn! Will certainly take some of the load off those who have been posting build up until now.

Although I'll miss dangerpin's build comments, this seems like it will get changes out to the masses faster.

For consolidating things a bit, it seems as though it wouldn't be too hard to add a download link to the RSS auto-posts, i.e.

http://builds.kolmafia.us/KoLmafia-7451.jar

for build 7451.

That would serve to at least get download links and revision notes in the same place.

And while I'm at it, I would like it if the revision number could be included in the post subject lines.
The snag with that would be that the server is set to rebuild once an hour. Several changes could be posted inbetween builds. Could presumably set it up so that if a new build has been made since the last rss post, it will include a link to that build. But then that build could be a revision behind. Or maybe the bot could be set to only post rss feed updates once an hour, at the same time it makes the latest build? Then it could even put everything all together at once, much like it has been in the past.

The site itself where you can get the builds could have an always-up-to-date list for those interested.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
All posts in the SVN forum are now listed with the revision in front.

I'll see about adding a download link, that might be a bit more complicated since the RSS feed is done on a per commit basis.

Bale

Minion
Thanks fewyn. You just keep making it better and better.

Now, if only the RSS Bot could trigger the daily build to be made and then post in that thread with the link once the build is complete...

Camber

How about adding a sticky at the top of the Latest SVN Changes to link to the Daily Builds page?

Also, is it possible for the Latest SVN Changes RSS posts to be in build # order?

Thanks!

I managed to miss both the quoted text in the first post (with the link) AND the post about this in another forum... does that explain my confusion?

Spiny

*scratches my head* I see the new build page was put up... but none of the dates and times are there (specifically). I think that may be a bad move long term. With the way that it was presented before, even though the newest build was on the bottom, the header could be clicked for reverse sort presentation. Is there an alternate link to continue to see the builds with dates/times?

Thanks,
-Spiny

Spiny

Why exactly do you need the date and time?

I'm just a creature of habit and it's just a quirky preference of mine to see dates/times of revisions... Maybe having the changelog on the same page so I can easily see the relationship between the changes and the versions would help.

-Spiny

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just a creature of habit and it's just a quirky preference of mine to see dates/times of revisions... Maybe having the changelog on the same page so I can easily see the relationship between the changes and the versions would help.

-Spiny
But it already is there? So what are you complaining about?