The latest Daily Build

dangerpin

Should I be worried that the automatic daily builds are showing up as M (modified) versions?

Usually this means that something has been added that is not part of the official release. I'm sure it is just some rogue folder that is not getting deleted properly but this always gets my attention.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe someone deleted something from the svn and it's sticking there for some reason. I'll clean it up later tonight.

tyilo

Could you upload a textfile called latest.txt only containing the latest version number (like "8494")?
It would make it easier and faster to automate the updating process

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
The auto build script is already complicated enough :S Not that I would know how to add that anyways.

matt.chugg

Could you upload a textfile called latest.txt only containing the latest version number (like "8494")?
It would make it easier and faster to automate the updating process

Use the rss feed?

http://msurl.net/kolmafia/rss.ashx

Although occasionally the feed is a little ahead of the builds, feed updates every 15 minutes, the builds once an hour, but since you have an xml list of latest builds, jumping to the next on a 404 shouldn't be too hard.

or since I have the database, and svn log downlowder and rssifier already written it shouldn't be too hard to add a latestbuild.aspx if I get some time.

Last edited:

Sentrion

Question, which I hope is not stupid: Is the latest executable build outdated, or is it just me? I seem to be getting r8714 with the current link.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
It might be the build process was getting fubar lately so I'm waiting for my new server to come in so I can do builds off it.

Braska

The exe version in the daily builds hasn't been updated since 10/23. All it is downloading still is r8714... can we get an update on the status for the server, so we know when to expect it an update to the exe build?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Or at the very least, remove the exe build so people don't download it and think they're getting something that's up to date?