The latest Daily Build

dangerpin

Since we are on a new shiny VPS server, I spent some time writing a bash script to automatically push new builds once an hour. You can get them hot off the press at http://builds.kolmafia.us and the exe builds will be built every Sunday at Midnight (I think I setup the cron right for that, we'll see!). Attempted to make a dmg build but couldn't get that to work (probably something to do with my being on Linux in some way).

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

3 cheers for fewyn!

Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!!!!!!

Bale

Minion
Would the Latest SVN Changes forum be the best place to discuss the latest build now?

Thok

Now I don't have to post new builds each day. :( :)

It was fun while it lasted. :D

Good to see again all the work the development team puts into the project. Really amazing how well, and quickly, they adapt to the myriad changes to the game.

Hope the new build system works well. Good idea, fewyn!

So is this going to become the only way of getting recent builds? One of the good things about the "old system" is that you could download an older build, in case one of the more recent changes had introduced significant problems for things you don't want to be having problems with. And you didn't have to build it yourself. It might be nice if that was still reasonably easy to do.

Bale

Minion
Considering that there is more than 1 build there right now, I think you should still be able to do what you used to, except with smoother granularity.

I wonder how many old builds will be kept at a time, before they are deleted... fewyn, can you elucidate for us?

Bale

Minion
30 seems like plenty to rollback if something isn't working in the latest.

Now we need someone to get a KolForum moderator to update this. Or hola can do it, if he's here.

evilspoons

Technically yes, but loading every change that has ever happened probably isn't what anyone wants. Like fewyn said, a few forums down is what people want.

I like the Sourceforge.net list much better than having to click on each bloody thread to see all the changes from the last version to the current version. I wish you could just say "last 30 updates" or something instead of loading that massive (500 kb of text!) page.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Feel free to load up the Sourceforge list then ;) I prefer the forums personally. It allows me to see if there's any "new" changes since I last visited the forums.

jasonharper

Developer
There seems hardly any point in even writing change notes, if they're not going to be attached to the daily build downloads any more. That's the point at which people actually need to know what's new, and what needs testing.

Bale

Minion
I for one, always read them when I make my own builds.

Plus your notes get posted in the Latest SCN Changes, so plenty of people will still be checking them. Though I suppose I understand your point, since they aren't posted in the same place as the build.