KGBriefcase

Ezandora

What does it do?

Briefcase.ash is a handler for Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase. It also includes a relay override, which will be implemented in the future.

How do I use it?

Install it by running this command in KoLmafia's graphical CLI:

Code:
svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Briefcase/branches/Release/

Once it's installed, type "briefcase help" in the graphical CLI.

To update the script itself (or any script), run this command in the graphical CLI:

Code:
svn update

Briefcase will require a recent daily build of mafia.

Github: https://github.com/Ezandora/Briefcase/
Contact me in-game: Ezandora (#1557284)

Posting the thread while the kingdom is down... nobody can call me out when the script fails to work... the perfect crime....

It very successfully managed to do nothing for me yesterday, good job Ezandora! Everyone should try it out!

Exactly as expected since I already solved the first three puzzles and had already cranked the crank

Darzil

Developer
I thought I'd try status first, is this expected?

> briefcase status

Code:
Toggling handle...
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Briefcase status:
*****Dials: 333-333
*****Horizontal lights: 10B000
*****Tab configuration: 222222
*****Mastermind lights: 000
*****Unlocked: crank, left drawer, right drawer, martini hose, and buttons
*****Handle: UP
*****Last action results: Nothing seems to happen., Click!, You press a button on the side of the case.
*****Clicks used: 22
*****Out of clicks for the day.

LeaChim

I just hit the same issue (with version 1.0.1)

Code:
Briefcase status:
*****Dials: 83A-2A1
*****Clicks used: 0 (22 remaining)
*****Flywheel charged.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
Pressing button 6.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

> Briefcase status

Briefcase status:
*****Dials: 83A-2A1
*****Clicks used: 13 (9 remaining)
*****Flywheel charged.

zarqon

This is fabulous. Thanks very much Ezandora!

A nitpick: I would like to request that the "Clicking dial n..." messages be changed to use another verb, since clicks are briefcase currency. Users may momentarily panic as the script starts clicking clicks, even though the clicks that it is clicking are not click clicks.

Pazleysox

Nit: "briefcase help" doesn't actually work for those of us with case-sensitive filesystems.

It is possible to display the "help" information when the script is first run. I've sent notification to ezandora about this. It would be great if she implemented it!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Huh? My nitpick was regarding the file name being "Briefcase.ash", so the command in question would be "Briefcase help".

zarqon

Thanks for changing my little nitpick.

This script is excellent. I've already added "briefcase unlock" to my copy of newLife, and "briefcase e adventures" to my logout script.

Along those lines, I have another request: when "solve"ing the briefcase, if the third pair of buttons' enchantment isn't +5 Adventures, stop attempting to solve the briefcase with enough clicks left to change the enchantment to +adventures. Or throw up a warning confirmation asking whether you would like to sacrifice your rollover adventures to continue.

Thanks!

Thanks for putting this together and for sharing it!

Feature request- How hard would it be to acquire 50 turns of a (specified) buff, using the least amount of clicks?

Pazleysox

valid_button_functions = {"0":{"0":true,"1":true,"2":true, "3":true,"4":true,"5":true}, "1":{"0":true,"1":true,"2":true, "3":true,"4":true,"5":true}, "2":{"0":true,"1":true,"2":true, "3":true,"4":true,"5":true}, "3":{"0":true,"1":true,"2":true, "3":true,"4":true,"5":true}, "4":{"0":true,"1":true,"2":true, "3":true,"4":true,"5":true}, "5":{"0":true,"1":true,"2":true, "3":true,"4":true,"5":true}}
next_chosen_button = 5

This is what i get every day. Regardless of if it's a new ascension or not. Has anyone else run into this?

RogerMexico

Huh? My nitpick was regarding the file name being "Briefcase.ash", so the command in question would be "Briefcase help".

Fun fact: NTFS is case sensitive too. Windows, however, is case insensitive when accessing files. If you have a friend who uses Windows, you can place a file named briefcase.ash in the same folder as their Briefcase.ash. I believe that typing Briefcase.ash will still call briefcase.ash under Windows. Sit back and watch the fun as they try to work out what's wrong!

On a more serious note, is there a way for the script to keep track of manual clicks done through the relay browser? Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but Briefcase status only seems to be counting clicks used by the script itself. So if I press a button or a tab through the browsers, status shows the number of clicks remaining unchanged. Often I run out of clicks with "Briefcase status" still showing 22 clicks remaining. Is this something I am doing wrong, something the script is doing wrong, or something which cannot be fixed?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
On a more serious note, is there a way for the script to keep track of manual clicks done through the relay browser?

That would need to be tracked by KoLmafia, and currently it is not. I'm hoping for some perma-unlock mechanism to obsolete most of the current tracking.

RogerMexico

That would need to be tracked by KoLmafia, and currently it is not. I'm hoping for some perma-unlock mechanism to obsolete most of the current tracking.

Is it true then, that the only current way to track clicks used (outside of sending all clicks through the script, which for a variety of reasons I am not currently willing to do) is with a pen and paper (Or notepad, vi, emacs, ed, or equivalent)?

That would be almost doable, if not for the fact that after reading the forum threads and wiki, I'm still not 100% certain what counts as a click and what doesn't.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Is it true then, that the only current way to track clicks used (outside of sending all clicks through the script, which for a variety of reasons I am not currently willing to do) is with a pen and paper (Or notepad, vi, emacs, ed, or equivalent)?

That would be almost doable, if not for the fact that after reading the forum threads and wiki, I'm still not 100% certain what counts as a click and what doesn't.

AFAIK, every time you use a click, the words 'Click' appear in the results box. You could (or Ezandora could) update the briefcase relay script to check for that and then decrement the click count number, which I believe is stored in a mafia data file somewhere.