Thread: Veracity's Garden Harvester

Default Veracity's Garden Harvester

If you have more than one type of garden available to you, perhaps you have noticed that "breakfast" doesn't handle that as well as you might wish. Sure, you can say "Harvest Anything" and it will pick whatever is available, no matter what type of garden you have, but many of the gardens are worth waiting some number of days before harvesting.

Unfortunately, "breakfast" will only let you specify that for exactly one garden at a time and if you switch gardens, you have to adjust your breakfast settings.

Until now. Here is a script that will let you specify what you want from all six garden types. It will detect your garden type from the crop, will compare against what you want for that type of garden, and will harvest when appropriate.

You configure it with a single property - VGH.GardenCrops. Here is the documentation:

Code:
    // ***************************
    //       Configuration       *
    // ***************************

// Pumpkin Patch
    //    "pumpkin"			days 1-4: 1 pumpkin per day
    //    "huge pumpkin"		days 5-10: 1 huge pumpkin
    //    "ginormous pumpkin"	day 11+: 1 ginormous pumpkin
    // Peppermint Patch
    //    "peppermint sprout"	days 1-4: 3 peppermint sprouts per day
    //    "giant candy cane"	day 5+: 1 giant candy cane
    // Bone Garden
    //    "skeleton"		days 1-5: 5 skeletons per day
    //				day 6+: fight with skulldozer
    // Beer Garden
    //    "barley"			days 1-7: 3 handfuls of barley and 3 clusters of hops per day
    //    "beer label"		day 3: + 1 fancy beer bottle and 1 fancy beer label
    //    "2 beer labels"		day 5: + 2 fancy beer bottles and 2 fancy beer labels
    //    "3 beer labels"		day 7+: + 3 fancy beer bottles and 3 fancy beer labels
    // Winter Garden
    //    "ice harvest"		days 1-7: 3 ice harvests and 3 snow berries per day
    //    "frost flower"		days 3-7+: + 1 frost flower
    // Thanksgarden
    //    "cornucopia"		day 1: 1 cornucopia
    //    "3 cornucopias"		day 2: 3 cornucopias
    //    "5 cornucopias"		day 3: 5 cornucopias
    //    "8 cornucopias"		day 4: 8 cornucopias
    //    "11 cornucopias"		day 5: 11 cornucopias
    //    "15 cornucopias"		day 6: 15 cornucopias
    //    "magacopia"		day 7+: 1 megacopia
    //
    // You may specify one crop from each kind of garden, separated by "|".
    // If you specify no crops, picking your garden will be deferred to
    // breakfast.
    //
    // A setting that will harvest all the normal crops:
    //
    // "pumpkin|peppermint sprout|skeleton|3 beer labels|frost flower|15 cornucopias"
    //
    // You don't have to specify crops for all types of garden. If you do
    // not include crops from a particular garden, this script will not
    // harvest that kind of garden.

boolean [string] garden_crops = define_property( "VGH.GardenCrops", "string", "pumpkin|peppermint sprout|skeleton|3 beer labels|frost flower|15 cornucopias", "set" ).to_set_of_string();
    Get the script via SVN.

Code:
    svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/veracity0/code/garden
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Only a few months ago, scripting was a thing you almost never did despite being the principle architect of ASH scripting language. Now you're really getting into it with script after script. Is it interesting finally getting involved with the language which you've worked so hard to create? I've enjoyed your creation very much, so I'm happy to see you indulging.

It's my primary contribution, these days. I leave it to lost and Darzil to handle New Content and I focus on Bugs - and, as somebody who is actually scripting, ASH features that I now realize are useful to ASH scripters.

Also part of the motivation my sequence of scripts is that I really do want to be able run all my multis by doing: log in, press script button 3, log out when it completes. In other words, cut my real-life time running my testing multis by a lot.

And, yes - ASH is a real programming language, and I am enjoying it a lot.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Also keep in mind that my focus is The One (farming) Script to Rule Them All - and a lot of the intention is to publish code that people can pull out and use for their own purpose - but some of that is so big and (potentialy) useful on its own, that I trouble to make it available by itself.

Using my own coding standards and libraries and such.

I could probably do the same with some other VMF modules, but the ones I published individually (vprops, VGC, VGH) are especially big and/or complicated that I want to support them individually.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Registry info:

Code:
    {
      "repo": "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/veracity0/code/garden/", 
      "author": "Veracity", 
      "name": "Veracity's Garden Harvester", 
      "forumThread": "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?21651", 
      "shortDesc": "Harvest any kind of garden", 
      "category": "action", 
      "longDesc": "This script lets you configure what you want from all possible gardens and will detect garden type and pick the right thing."
     }
    Bale, notice something I did there:

Code:
    "forumThread": "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?21651"
    rather than, for example "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?21651-Veracity-s-Garden-Harvester", which incorporates the title of the thread. Or, at least, a title the thread once had, since you can edit the title. Or the URL, for that matter; "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?21651-Any-Old-Garbage" brings you straight to this thread.

You could similarly trim all such "forumThread" URLS in the registery, should you care to.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I know how that stuff works on this forum. I just like it when the link has informative information in the title.

I'll add this to the repository.

Revision 95 adds support for Tall Grass.

Available crops:

tall grass - harvest anything
    very tall grass - wait until the 8th growth to get Very Tall Grass

The default in VGH.GardenCrops is "very tall grass", which seems like a common aftercore default.
    In any case, it is the default, and you can change it as desired.

I'm considering adding a setting for in-run harvesting, since you MAY want to harvest every day - especially for the grass plot - or not wait for 15 cornucopias, or whatever. If I did that, I might consider using this script in-run; at the moment, I harvest manually - or forget to harvest.

Revision 96 adds support for Pokegrow fertilizer.

boolean use_fertilizer = define_property( "VGH.FertilizeGrassPatch", "boolean", "false" ).to_boolean();

default is false, but if you do this:

set VGH.FertilizeGrassPatch=true

it will do this:

- If your desired crop is "very tall grass", if you have enough fertilizer in inventory to grow your grass patch to that state (day 8), it will do that before harvesting
    - If your desired crop is "tall grass" - i.e., harvest every day - after harvesting your garden in whatever state it is in, it will use up your fertilizer (in batches of 7) and will harvest all the tufts of tall grass.

(In aftercore, I have switched from "very tall grass" to "tall grass" and I caught me a Mu by doing that.)

The latest addition to Grass Patch handling is very much appreciated. Using it caught me a Mu after weeks of trying.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 06-12-2018 at 10:46 AM.