My personal Meat farming script

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I suppose. I have, literally, hundreds of all of the raw ingredients from pulverizing elemental stuff from many ascensions worth of the island war.

I'm working on a better configuration scheme using properties, rather than file editing (although editing the file will continue to work to change the default), and I'll see about it then.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
 971 cold wad
 945 hot wad
 683 sleaze wad
 673 spooky wad
 958 stench wad
 188 twinkly wad
----

8936 prismatic wad
Your choice, of course, but by selling the ingredients rather than the final product, you're leaving 4500+ Meat on the table.

One more suggestion, adding decomposed boot and leather bookmark as things to sell at the end since they come from Mr. Screeges and use pixel coins

Last edited:

iule

that's a very interesting script !

do you plan to add the following things ?
-semi-rare
-digitizing/arrowing
-copiers (can of rain doh, chateau, etc)
-yellow ray
-free kills (shattering punch, jokester's gun, replica bat-oomerang, etc )
-"easy" to get familiars drops

(I'm not asking you to do it, it's just to know what I should try to add to your script myself)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
that's a very interesting script !
Thanks!

semi-rare
No, because the only way to get the turn to look for a semi-rare is to eat or drink something with relatively low adventure yield. Personally, I use semirares in-run, but am not interested in them in aftercore.

digitizing/arrowing
Perhaps. I am planning on adding a (configurable) monster to olfact. That's because I am curious about building in support for the Icy Peak, and there is one obvious best monster there. There is also a reasonable choice in the Hidden Office Building - and in Barf Mountain, for that matter. If I do that, then there is a reasonable choice for digitizing/arrowing. If not, not so clear.

copiers (can of rain doh, chateau, etc)
Same comment, but I expect not.

yellow ray
I expect not.

free kills (shattering punch, jokester's gun, replica bat-oomerang, etc )
Interesting idea, which would induce me to learn more about the topic. :)
Perhaps, probably not any time soon.

"easy" to get familiars drops
Probably not, since spending turns with a less-optimal farming familiar seems less desirable (to me) than getting items which are worth less in the mall (for either buying or selling) then my expected Meat yield.

(I'm not asking you to do it, it's just to know what I should try to add to your script myself)
I recommend you make the changes yourself. I expect you'll have fun.

Can I suggest to add to the list to CSA Discount Cards, Use pixel coins, sell mickey mantle, sell leather bookmark, sell decomposed boot.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps even the solid gold jewel. I'm conflicted because, although are very valuable, they are (or used to be) rare, since they were Spelunky leaderboard rewards. But since Mr. Screege's spectacles, I've found quite a few of them...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I prefer to save them for events. You are limited to 10 a day, I believe.
Chances are, I have more than enough saved up that I could afford to use some of them.
Depends on MPA, I suppose.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Since a blue mana is offered for ~11,000 in the mall, your MPA had better be north of 3,600 for it to be worth using one to get 3 turns.

Now that I have released vprops, I'll be revamping configuration soon, and will consider adding that, defaulting to "false".

Crowther

Perhaps even the solid gold jewel. I'm conflicted because, although are very valuable, they are (or used to be) rare, since they were Spelunky leaderboard rewards. But since Mr. Screege's spectacles, I've found quite a few of them...
And I learned something new. I have found six so far.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10 now uses my vprops library to (potentially) store lots of configurable variables in properties. You don't have to create any properties except those that are different than the script's defaults. Hopefully, the instructions on what to do are clear. You tell me!

I removed the special code for my two characters that had special code and gave the characters the appropriate properties.

You can now configure up to five Witchess fights. If you explicitly list none, none will be run, otherwise, it will run through your list in order. If it runs out before running out of fights, it uses up the free fights using the last monster. So, "Witchess Bishop|Witchess Bishop|Witchess Knight" will fight 2 bishops and 3 knights.

FWIW, here's my current To Do list:

// ****** To Do **************
//
// Use Olfaction as appropriate
// Snojo mode: muscle, mysticality, moxie, none
// VYKEA companion
// Support for Icy Peak
// Robortender as plausible Meat Drop familiar
// Gingerbread City
// Use sufficient Inigo's when crafting SHC drinks to avoid spending turns
// Tunnel of L.O.V.E. as first free fight(s)
// Don't let Turtle Taming NCs satisfy the "1 choice" condition in Barf Mountain.
// Make DMT choice configurable
// Handle additional disco choices; perhaps reducing drunk is worth more than 5 adventures
// When cheating deck, don't ask for unavailable cards
// Better use of Dinsey foodcone and jumping horseradish

Specified this line
item [int] clip_art = define_property( "VMF.ClipArt", "item", "", "bucket of wine|bucket of wine|bucket of wine" ).to_list_of_item();

but it created the most expensive in the mall instead.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You changed

Code:
item [int] clip_art = define_property( "VMF.ClipArt", "item", "", "list" ).to_list_of_item();
to

Code:
item [int] clip_art = define_property( "VMF.ClipArt", "item", "", "bucket of wine|bucket of wine|bucket of wine" ).to_list_of_item();
when you should have changed it to

Code:
item [int] clip_art = define_property( "VMF.ClipArt", "item", "bucket of wine|bucket of wine|bucket of wine", "list" ).to_list_of_item();
The comment at the top of the configuration say this:

Code:
// define_property( PROPERTY, TYPE, DEFAULT )
//
// Both DEFAULT and a property VALUE will be normalized
Now, you happened to use the 4-argument version of define_property(), the the DEFAULT is still the third argument.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Here's my new comment:

Code:
// You can edit the default here in the script and it will apply to all
// characters which do not override it.
//
// define_property( PROPERTY, TYPE, DEFAULT )
// define_property( PROPERTY, TYPE, DEFAULT, COLLECTION )
// define_property( PROPERTY, TYPE, DEFAULT, COLLECTION, DELIMITER )
//
// Otherwise, you can change the value for specific characters in the gCLI:
//
//     set PROPERTY=VALUE
//
// Both DEFAULT and a property VALUE will be normalized