My personal Meat farming script

The newest version of the script is not filing up Spleen with Sweet Synthesis. Today it only used 7 spleen and added 100 turns. My spleen was empty and and I hadn't cast anything today

The log shows only casting it once then using twinkly wads

buy 3 PEEZ dispenser for 1900 each from shop #2000522 on 20200320

cast 1 Sweet Synthesis
Encounter: Sweet Synthesis

synthesize 3 bag of many confections, PEEZ dispenser
You acquire an effect: Synthesis: Greed (90)

remove from stash: 3 twinkly wad
You acquire twinkly wad (3)

chew 3 twinkly wad
You gain 15 Muscleboundness
You gain 17 Mysteriousness
You gain 29 Roguishness
You acquire an effect: Aspect of the Twinklefairy (20)
You gain 18 Muscleboundness
You gain 31 Sarcasm
You gain 20 Strongness
You gain 28 Roguishness

remove from stash: 1 twinkly wad
You acquire an item: twinkly wad

chew 1 twinkly wad
You gain 15 Fortitude
You gain 17 Wizardliness
You gain 30 Roguishness

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, I have never seen VMF fill my spleen. It does seem to get just a little more of the effect than I have turns left at the time it is run.

Today

buy 12 PEEZ dispenser for 1900 each from shop #2000522 on 20200320

cast 1 Sweet Synthesis
Encounter: Sweet Synthesis

synthesize 12 bag of many confections, PEEZ dispenser
You acquire an effect: Synthesis: Greed (360)

My recollection is I had about 340 adventures available when I started VMF.

Perhaps relevant, I still use EatDrink to eat and drink to maximum and then run VMF and let it use all the spleen it wants.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, revision 239 should fix this.

I had a loop casting sweet synthesis 1 at a time and then deducting spleen.
I replaced it with a single call to sweet synthesis (with a multiple count) but forgot to deduct spleen.

I see code to spleen up at the end with twinkly wads, but it doesn't do that for me either. Strange.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Huh.

Code:
    // If we have spleen left over, use just enough of it finish synthesizing
    if ( current_spleen < max_spleen ) {
	use_spleen( max_spleen - current_spleen, false );
    }
It intentionally leaves empty spleen after it is done synthesizing. I wonder why?
I could change that "false" to "true" and it would completely fill spleen with twinkly wads.
Perhaps I left it partially empty becuase there might be better or more cost efficient spleen items.

Here is what vcon says for one of lower MPA characters:

Code:
******Best Spleen Toxins by Size******
spleen[4] is grim fairy tale (2498 cost per size) (818 profit per size)
So, yeah - if there are 4 spleen left, we can generate adventures.
Otherwise, it does no good to use twinkly wads, since those don't generate adventures.

The reason it uses twinkly wads earlier is if it is Calculating the Universe and needs to get to a certain level of spleen. It uses Sweet Synthesis and then, if it doesn't need any more of that, twinkly wads. So, unfortunately, it used 3 Sweet Synthesis to get to the right place to Calculate the Universe, and then had 3 more twinkly wads.

Sorry about that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
My second-best-MPA character gets this from vcon:

Code:
******Best Spleen Toxins by Size******
spleen[1] is transdermal smoke patch (4922 cost per size) (4215 profit per size)
spleen[2] is cuppa Activi tea (3900 cost per size) (3410 profit per size)
spleen[3] is carrot juice (2913 cost per size) (2568 profit per size)
spleen[4] is grim fairy tale (2498 cost per size) (4354 profit per size)
Since VMF uses vcon, it certainly could attempt to fil up your spleen - if it is profitable to do so.

In fact, it looks like transdermal smoke patches are better for high-MPA characters than twinkly wads for padding spleen usage for Calculate the Universe.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 243 will use Ezandora's Bastille script to get stats, an accessory, an effect, and a potion, if you have it installed.

The default is to get:

stats for your mainstat
Draftsman's driving gloves (Adventures +8)
Bastille Braggadocio (100 turns of +25% Meat Drop)
whichever potion you have the least of (just as we do for using up Nash Crosby Still distillations)

Code:
// *** Bastille Battalion ***

// Should we use the Bastille Battalion?
// (If you are trying to leaderboard and/or have a better script, perhaps not.)

boolean use_battalion = define_property( "VMF.UseBastilleBattalion", "boolean", "true" ).to_boolean();

// Barbican: stats
//
// muscle			Barbecue	+2 CA, +1 CD	250 Muscle substats
// mysticality			Babar		+2 MA, +1 MD	250 Mysticality substats
// moxie			Barbershop	+2 PA, +1 PD	250 Moxie substats
//
// mainstat			(your class's prime stat)

string battalion_stats = define_property( "VMF.BattalionStats", "string", "mainstat" );

// Drawbridge: accessory
//
// Brutal brogues		Brutalist	+1 MA, CA, PA	Muscle +50%, Weapon Damage +50%, +8 to Familiar Weight, +4 Muscle Stats
// Draftsman's driving gloves	Draftsman	+2 MD, CD, PD	Mysticality +50%, Spell Damage +50%, +8 Adventure, +4 Mysticality Stats Fight
// Nouveau nosering		Art Nouveau	+2 PA, +1 PD	Moxie +50%, +25% Item Drop, Maximum HP/MP +25, +4 Moxie Stats
//
// (default is +8 Adventure accessory)

item battalion_accessory = define_property( "VMF.BattalionAccessory", "item", "Draftsman's driving gloves" ).to_item();

// Murder hole: effect (100 turns)
//
// Bastille Budgeteer		Cannon		+1 MA	Muscle +25, +10% Critical, Regenerate 10-20 HP
// Bastille Bourgeoisie		Catapult	+1 CA	Mysticality +25, +10% Spell Critical, Regenerate 5-10 MP per Adventure
// Bastille Braggadocio		Gesture		+1 PA	Moxie +25, +25% Initiative, +25% Meat Drop
//
// (default is +25% Meat Drop effect)

effect battalion_effect = define_property( "VMF.BattalionEffect", "effect", "Bastille Braggadocio" ).to_effect();

// Moat: potion (1 turn)
//
// sharkfin gumbo		Sharks		+1 MA, +1 MD
// boiling broth		Lava		+1 CA, +1 CD
// interrogative elixir		Truth Serum	+1 PA, +1 PD
//
// random (a random potion)
// rarest (the potion you have the least of)

string battalion_potion = define_property( "VMF.BattalionPotion", "string", "rarest" );

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 244 will use [glitch season reward name] to get a Meat-producing free fight, if you have one or more in inventory.
This is increasingly tough, the more you "implement" it. Your CCS had better be prepared.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 250 will gaze at the sky at Your Campsite Away from Your Campsite up to 4 times to collect your daily buffs.

Rinn

Developer
I got the script stuck today running the free adventures in the neverending party. Before I ran your script I had already run 9 free turns and managed to finish the quest, so no more adventuring is possible even though I have a free fight left. I expect nep_fights() needs to check if _questPartyFair is finished.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 251 says this:

Code:
I had a function which would calculate a (maybe) optimal usage of food, based on vcon, to fill a given amount of fullness.
Generalize to work for food, drink, spleen.
After you have gotten all the Sweet Synthesis/Numberology you need, fill the rest of your spleen with profitable adventure-producing spleen items.
It uses your calculated "meat per adventure" to find the most profitable spleen items to fill your spleen.
If your meat per adventure is low, nothing may be "profitable"
We won't fill spleen in that case, since it would be a net loss.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I got the script stuck today running the free adventures in the neverending party. Before I ran your script I had already run 9 free turns and managed to finish the quest, so no more adventuring is possible even though I have a free fight left. I expect nep_fights() needs to check if _questPartyFair is finished.
Revision 252 will not go to the NEP if you've completed the quest today.

Revision 253 adds support for Dependence Day:

Code:
// You can shoot off one firework on Dependence Day.
//
// M-242	Adrenaline Rush			Muscle +100%
// snake	Sneaky Serpentine Subtlety	Moxie +100%
// sparkler	Sparkling Consciousness		Mysticalite +100%
// green rocket	3 ten-leaf clovers
//
// only the last is likely to be useful, but it's configurable

item dependence_day_firework = define_property( "VMF.DependenceDayFirework", "item", "green rocket" ).to_item();
If you set VMF.DependenceDayFirework to "none", we will not buy or use a firework.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I realize that this suite of scripts is designed for use in aftercore but thought I'd ask...would you entertain the idea of allowing vcon to "work" in-run and consider food only from available sources?

I too would be interested in VCON as an EatDrink replacement although my recollection is that I was able to do that with the earlier algorithm and so I expect I could do it now, as well.

Tangentially, that said, I would find fighting the tentacle, the NEP, if available, and using VMF to max the still all of interest in run. I have experimented with importing and had some success but last time I tried there were things with outfits that I chose not to resolve. As I recall, the script would use an outfit but the saved outfit of the name could not be equipped in run for any one of several reasons. Since the "best" outfit tends to vary between freeing the king and level 15, or so, and I tend to stash a lot of useful gear in my display case, my personal solution is going to be a script that pulls potentially useful items from the DC, runs the maximizer and then saves the outfit with the appropriate names. But I have not written that yet :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 257 uses vcon's new optimal diet calculator for food, booze, and spleen.
Revision 258 makes it non-optional: the "VMF.OptimalConsumables" configuration property is removed.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
VMF overdrank and did not spend any adventures farming meat today :-(

I didn't change my routine, which is to use EatDrink to fill up and then run VMF. I forget the item name but it allows a one drunk booze to be consumed for free. Once I had one of those ED usually left one drunkenness which VMF very nicely filled.

Today I ran it and VMF made and consumed 1 elemental caipiroska and then did it again making the character overdrunk. VMF.Nightcap was definitely set to "none" but that should not matter since this happened before adventuring anyway.

Acknowledging my track record in incorrectly identifying causes of behavior I wonder if VCON is expecting to use the item because it is already present and not aware of the possibility that it was already used?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
"ED" is "EatDrink"?

The mime army shotglass drinks a 1-drunk drink for free. VMF does that first, before doing the rest of your drinking.

I ran 4 characters with this before I submitted, all of which have a mime-army shotglass. None of them overdrank.

I'll look more at the code and see if I can figure out your issue.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
"ED" is "EatDrink"?

The mime army shotglass drinks a 1-drunk drink for free. VMF does that first, before doing the rest of your drinking.

I ran 4 characters with this before I submitted, all of which have a mime-army shotglass. None of them overdrank.

I'll look more at the code and see if I can figure out your issue.

Thanks. I will refer to the mime army shot glass rather than "the item" next time and ED is EatDrink. The key may be that EatDrink had consumed one drink with the shot glass before VMF was called. In any event I will check back tomorrow morning before I run with the character it happened to in case there are things I should look for before I try. Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 259 takes extra care to allow for the mime army shotglass not actually being free - which could happen if ED decided to consume a one-drunk booze. Hopefully it would not leave an extra drunk available in that case, but who knows.

Sorry about your loss.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Revision 259 takes extra care to allow for the mime army shotglass not actually being free - which could happen if ED decided to consume a one-drunk booze. Hopefully it would not leave an extra drunk available in that case, but who knows.

Sorry about your loss.

My recollection is that EatDrink does nothing special about the shot glass. I ask to drink to 19, and when it thinks it is done, it is at 18. When that first started happening VMF consuming the last drink was a feature :) I'll try and repeat tomorrow. No problem about the loss, but thank you.