Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eldritch Incursion

Developer

I missed it by a few minutes. Hopefully there will be another chance tomorrow, as I haven't quite got enough.

Unexpected plural of 'eldritch concentrate' found: globes of eldritch concentrate

There's a new fissure in the sea at
    Code:
    place.php?whichplace=thesea&action=thesea_zenicursio
    It looks like they mangled the usual format of the link from eincursion to zenicursio. Any idea what's up with that?

This event is showing off a side effect of mafia's image caching.

The leaderboard plaque has the text "Eldritch Incursion Heroes". That text consists of images such as otherimages/zonefont/E.gif. Then there is stuff like the beach, with its "X% explored" message, using images such as otherimages/zonefont/e.gif. Those are different images, but with Windows being case-insensitive for file names they are treated the same, so whichever one you see first is the one you get.

Given that web browsers also cache images, I never understood how it was beneficial for KoLmafia to also cache them. I suppose there are people using multiple browsers...

I suppose there are people using multiple browsers...
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Raises hand.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Browser caching is weird. And shares a limited cache with everything else on that browser.

And doesn't let you easily see what's what using normal filesystem interface
    and doesn't let you *replace* the cached thing using normal filesystem interface
    and doesn't let you clean cache for a specific image or site

I am confused.

Yesterday I emptied both my display case and my storage into inventory.
    I then rebuilt my display shelves to a much more compact set of things I thought were worth displaying.
    I moved many items from inventory to closet or appropriate shelves on my display case/
    I am happy. My display is much more compact. Next time I ascend, all the rest of my stuff will be in Storage again.

Today, I go to Hagnk's in the Relay Browser and see an Eldritch Fiddure.
    It is not an adventuring location.

Is Hagnk's unavailable? I have no idea. I emptied my storage yesterday via KoLmafia and it worked fine.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

P.S. just as well if the fissure in Hagnk's is not the only available fissure; my two multis who have never ascended cannot go in to Hagnk's.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

P.P.S. I am not happy that the Science Data Points worked the way they did. When I stopped playing, 6 hours before rollover, little did I know that my 1103 data points (about 2/3 of the way from the top) would not keep me on the leaderboard before they shut it down or I had another chance to enhance my score.

Especially since the bottommost score that made the leaderboard was xKiv with 1114 datapoints.

I guess I will just have to hold a grudge against xKiv forever.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I suppose it is time to remove An Eldritch Fissure as an adventuring zone; when I try to automate there, KoL simple responds with a map of the Seaside Town.

I'll look at this some time tomorrow unless somebody goes there first. It will be at least 12 hours...
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.