ZLib -- Zarqon's useful function library

StDoodle

Minion
Heh, I ninja'd you (the above is actually what I had in mind, nesting, but it seemed a bit much to say when I planned on just doing it anyway). :)

Also, now that I'm replacing the matched version number[separator/more number] part with a blank space, it should work as listed, and it will only "misread" something as meaning "development" if you put the word, or abbreviation, somewhere earlier than you "want" in your string.

So basically, you can't do anything ridiculous like pass "this isn't a development version, it's 10.1.3rc" and expect it to not match "development"; but hey. Can only account for so much. :p

Edit: Allowing for "extra" stuff in the string was intended for situations like "Bale's mod. 10.2.3" or something similar, yet brief. But if your name happens to be "rc" or "alpha" you're out of luck. Or could put brackets around your name.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Edit: for extra credit, you could add in everything from "std_lib.ash" so maintaining it would be someone else's problem. ;)

(That's totally not serious, though if you wanted to I certainly wouldn't object.)

Serious request, and reason for double-post:
We currently get a "vars_[name].txt" file; is there any chance of a "dailyvars_[name].txt" file?

Also, out of curiosity, why doesn't the name get converted to lower case? I've actually got an issue right now that seems to crop up when reading a file_to_map() that only happens when case doesn't match (probably a mafia error, but still... just in case).

zarqon

I'm sure Bale and I (and whoever else uses both ZLib and 1.2 => 1.21 versioning) would be willing to switch to this method of versioning once check_version() supports it. I'm waiting for all the kinks to be discussed out of it before adding it, however. Let me know when it's universally approved and safe for insertion. I have my tongs ready. :)

StDoodle

Minion
A ton of testing has been done (only found one error, where two lines that should have been basically the same had one that was missing a character -- doh). If anyone wants to come up the the weirdest test cases they can think of, I'd be happy to run them. ;)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
PHP:
"\\b(?:\\.|\\s|:|-|_)?d(?:(?:ev)?elopment)?(?:\\.|\\s|:|-|_)?\\b", otherA))):
should now match "delopment". Perhaps you were thinking of
PHP:
"\\b(?:\\.|\\s|:|-|_)?d(?:ev(?:elopment)?)?(?:\\.|\\s|:|-|_)?\\b", otherA))):
?

StDoodle

Minion
Heh, check the latest. ;) I went with :)?ev|evelopment)? actually, as I like to avoid creating non-matching groups when possible. Probably just me being weird.

Edit: doh, this is the zlib thread. Yeah; current version is in its own thread and will no longer be kept up here, just fyi.

zezima

> eatdrink.ash
why do i get this error
Value expected (zlib.ash, line 98)

> eatdrink_modified.ash

> call scripts\nemesis.ash

Theraze

Probably not using latest zlib and/or mafia. You either need to have both be the version from before a week ago, or both newer.​

Winterbay

Mine is:
Code:
   res.append(excise(to_string(round(n*10.0**place)/10.0**place),".",""));

And since ** and ^ was changed recently that could be the base of a problem I guess.

zarqon

@slyz: No, you had the right one; both are right. The cause of that error would be fixed by "either" version 22, and the changes made were too small to merit a new version number so quick on the heels of the previous.

There's really no way to avoid complaints, evidently.

slyz

Developer
There's really no way to avoid complaints, evidently.
It wasn't a complaint, I just just pointing out why my line numbers were off!

If I were to lodge a complaint, it would be that you claim to be bat king of the world with so few Boss Bat britches :)

zarqon

That's not exactly my claim. My claim is that said BAT KING-dom is my goal. My claim is also all-caps. :)

Ranrar

Heyhey,

Just a heads up, using r9045 and a fresh d/l of 22 I got:
Bad location value: "king's chamber" (zlib.ash, line 411)

I deleted this from line 411:
my_location() == $location[king's chamber] ||

and all seems to be well again.