Encounter: The Far Future
Executing action Initiative
Encounter: Starship Initiative :: In your Quarters
Executing action Take the flute
Executing action Use the Replicator
Unable to replicate Shot of Kardashian Gin. Re-run the script and pick something else (or nothing) to replicate.

I have no idea what "save the page HTML" even means, but I just ran farfuture drink, and that's what I got. Yesterday as well. Being asked to choose ears or nothing in the relay (most current version of mafia, so it's not due to an old version). Just logged in, first thing done after breakfast script (so hasn't been run previously today).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I have no idea what "save the page HTML" even means, but I just ran farfuture drink, and that's what I got. Yesterday as well. Being asked to choose ears or nothing in the relay (most current version of mafia, so it's not due to an old version). Just logged in, first thing done after breakfast script (so hasn't been run previously today).

KoL won't let you replicate something until you unlock it. The script is working fine, you'll need to choose a valid option until you actually unlock gin.

It will, slowly, since you unlock them by earning new ranks, which you do by earning medals. And you get 2 of those every time you (succesfully) run the script. So yes, it will unlock the new replicator rewards, but you since everyone starts out as an ensign, you won't have all of them available the first few times you run the script. (you 'only' need 20 medals to unlock all the rewards, so you can get there in two days if you just spend all your minutes to explore the farfuture and earn those medals).

kadafan

I haven't been able to get this script to work for a while. I am using KoLmafic 17.4 but this problem occurred in 17.4 and daily builds.

FarFuture.ash version 1.0.7
Unable to determine where we are.

Aramada

Latest update introduces a breaking change - the "mall" command will now automatically mall sell the one item you replicated, at current mall price. This will also alter your store's current price, if you were already selling it.

Is there a way to prevent this (remove some code, add some code, something), or do I have to avoid it by not using the Mall command and research manually?

~Aramada

Bale

Minion
Is there a way to prevent this (remove some code, add some code, something), or do I have to avoid it by not using the Mall command and research manually?

At the VERY BOTTOM of the script, you'll see the following line:

Code:
        put_shop(__item_desired_to_replicate.mall_price(), 0, 1, __item_desired_to_replicate);

Get rid of that line and it won't put anything into your shop.

You do know about modifying the svn version of the script and then using using svn sync to ensure that your change remains if Ezandora updates this script, right?

Aramada

"Open the script's working copy in the project's /svn directory, and make your edits. Always make sure the project in /svn has your changes"

What does this mean? The only "working copy" I know is the .ash file in the Scripts folder on my computer. I don't think that's what it's talking about though. Or is it?

~Aramada

Bale

Minion
The version in your /script directory is referred to as the local copy. When you run a script it is the local copy that is referenced. If you change the local copy, your changes will be lost if the script is every updated from SVN.

In your /svn directory is the working copy which is copied off of SVN. Any changes you make to the working copy are copied to the local copy. If you change the working copy, your changes will be merged with any updates that are made from the SVN repository.

For the farfuture script, your working copy is in \svn\Ezandora-Far-Future-branches-Release\scripts

RogerMexico

I just got a Time Spinner recently and installed this script after playing through the far future a couple of times manually. The script ran fine collecting medals. On the second day, when I had enough medals, I used it to collect two Earl Grey teas. After that, I used FarFuture None to finish collecting medals. Now the script does not collect rewards regardless of which parameter I pass to it. It always collects two medals and no reward. At least once, it did collect a tea, as I now have 3 in inventory, but I have run FarFuture Food several more times than that. And I have none of the other rewards and have tried the script with those requests at least once each.

Currently running mafia 18192 and script shows at version 37.

So, what am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix?

I don't know how recently you got the time spinner: but keep in mind you can only extract one reward per day out of the far future adventures, any other adventures in the same day will let you play the puzzle and collect medals, but you won't be able to use the replicator.

RogerMexico

I don't know how recently you got the time spinner: but keep in mind you can only extract one reward per day out of the far future adventures, any other adventures in the same day will let you play the puzzle and collect medals, but you won't be able to use the replicator.

I'm not sure that is the full explanation as I am fairly certain I ran the script on four or five different days (after getting the first tea) and only had three rewards total. Part of my confusion was that I thought the reward also listed in the results at the end of the script run (Mission successful, earning two medals). So certainly the third tea was earned without my realizing it. In any case, it worked today, so might as well put this in the user error column.

I have started getting this when I run farfuture with the gin option:

Executing action "There's free ice cream in the Lounge AND we are probably going to survive this encounter."
Encounter: Starship Transmigrant :: In the Bridge
Executing action "That will be all, thank you Chief Uhura."
Executing action Enter the Turbolift
Server returned response code 502 (Bad Gateway) for choice.php
Executing request...
Jumping into the Awesome Ball Pit in the clan rumpus room
Manual control requested for choice #1199
choice 1: Wait a minute
choice 2: Drink the Creme de Nimoy
choice 3: Speak to Chief Uhura
choice 4: Sit at the Weapons Console
choice 5: Go to your Quarters
choice 6: Enter the Turbolift
Click here to continue in the relay browser.