CanAdv -- check whether you can adventure at a given location

taltamir

It's currently just checking that the questL11Desert property is started. When is it correctly available in Exploathing?
It appears after you spend 1 adv in desert
although... doesn't it do the same in non exploathing runs? it could be that in non exploathing runs the quest tracker shows different values? I will try looking further into this

While updating my own equipment handling script, I had a look through canadv to see if I missed any required equips for entering places. Of course I did, but I also noticed a couple of things that canAdv seems to be missing:
8-bit realm requires the continuum transfunctioner,
the pirate zones can't be accessed while the war is in progress,
and the spring break party yacht uses "the sea" as a zonecheck, which includes a whole bunch of class checks, a level check (and I don't think it needs either) but no (familiar)breathing check.
edit: piraterealm doesn't check for the piraterealm eyepatch, and ideally should check if your buffed stats exceed the cap.
the mer-kin elementary and gymnasium can also be entered with either of the path specific outfits

Last edited:

zarqon

Thanks for the report.

• I believe the transfunctioner was a deliberate omission given mafia has special handling to equip (and possibly acquire??) it when you go to adventure there, but we could add that in.
  • The pirate zones already check the Islewar status in the zone check.
  • Good catch on the yacht. We should be using not_blind() there rather than the Sea zone check. Same for The Ice Hole, which appears to lack any underwater checking at all.
  • PirateRealm, Mer-kin outfits: Yes. Will have to add that stuff. Mer-kin outfits are kinda edgy but greater accuracy is always good.

Malibu Stacey

Code:
Changing "Spectral Pickle Factory" to "The Spectral Pickle Factory" would get rid of this message. (canadv.ash, line 555)

zarqon

r110 fixes that as well as makes several other changes I'd evidently not pushed out into the world yet:

• The Beanstalk is inaccessible in Goo.
  • Added the aforementioned underwater check for the Ice Hole.
  • Use the aforementioned underwater check for the Sunken Party Yacht rather than the aforementioned Sea check.
  • The not-as-aforementioned Itznotyerzitz Mine is available to mine in Fistcore with the appropriate effect rather than the outfit.
  • I evidently ran into some trouble using white_citadel_available() to check if the White Citadel is available, because I switched to checking the relevant quest property instead.
Enjoy!

CanAdv currently incorrectly returns true for the Upper Chambers in CS aftercore. It appears to check
Code:
return itemcheck($item[2325]) || (my_path() != "Actually Ed the Undying" && qprop("questL13Final"))
. Checking questL11Pyramid instead may be simpler, and should resolve the issue.

Minijohnny

Maybe it's a CanAdv issue: Mafia was in a loop trying to adventure in Fernswarthy ruins, but couldn't access the area as the guild quest hadn't been started.
Fixed by grabbing the Ferns key from the guild manually

Just FYI!

capes

I don't know if it has been suggested before, but would be nice to have an option to test if its possible to adventure in the The Game Grid.

I don't know when properties like "questG03Ego" are supposed to be tracked but in any case the issue of CanAdv making repeated visits seems to be fixed if CanAdv visits the quest log after visiting "ocg"

Last edited:
13 level condition in zone_check seems unnecessary for zones from Tower Level 1 to The Naughty Sorceress' Chamber, they should always be available when their quest condition says so? and in Low Key Summer they can be accessed as early as level 12
Code:
case "Sorceress": return my_path() != "Bugbear Invasion" && levelcheck(13) && !qprop("questL13Final") && qprop("questL13Final >= started");

slifty

I was getting some mafia complaints about the location of canadv's repo and recently got this (when installing garbo):

Installing dependencies svn: E160013: '/p/therazekolmafia/canadv/code' path not found: 404 Not Found (https://svn.code.sf.net) Unable to connect with repository at /p/therazekolmafia/canadv/code

Was this previously hosted on sf.net and no longer lives there?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I was getting some mafia complaints about the location of canadv's repo and recently got this (when installing garbo):

Was this previously hosted on sf.net and no longer lives there?

I got the same, if it has been moved from SourceForge no one has announced it.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I poked around on SourceForge and it doesn't seem as if anything stemming from therazekolmafia is present. The solution probably rests with @zarqon.

xKiv

I looked up an old backup
# cd ~/.kolmafia/svn/therazekolmafia-canadv/
# svn info | grep URL
URL: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/therazekolmafia/canadv/code
so it was installed from there, but no longer present.

Also, looking up canadv brings up

which is owned by "maymne", which .. I think is theraze?

also, either the project or the entire SF site is broken for me.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
SF does not seem to be completely broken in that I can use a SVN client to browse my repositories there and KoLmafia has no issue checking them for updates. The three "theraze" scripts I have installed all generate "file not found" type errors when trying to access them on SF. maymne is theraze. My hypothesis is that either theraze decided to remove them or SF decided to remove maymne. Since the 'why?" doesn't really matter I expect we will have to eventually rehost the scripts of interest at SF or move them to GitHub. That is probably a separate discussion elsewhere since @zarqon can easily choose to rehost canadv and other scripts need some thought about who/how to maintain them.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I think we could consider providing similar functionality in core mafia