Vlad's Familiar Changing Frankenscript

Pazleysox

Using "Miniature Sword &" also works, and give the same error message.

Where does one post about mafia issues like this?

johngnash

So I found this thread when i was looking for something similar. So couple questions, 1) So assuming fams that don't drop items were added to the checker, how would it handle a check like "f.drops_today < f.drops_limit" (lets say a lime)
2) Fams that drop "infinate" drops, like gnat or RoboGoose, how would it be handled if you used that same if?
3) do drops from throne count towards their daily drops? like if you have a Grimstone Golem in a cot, and it drops grimstone mask, can you take it with you as an active fam and get another mask?
4) is it possible to instead of listing every familiar in the game, scripting it to look at each fam you have and figue out what to do with it

I was thinknig the logic would be, lok at your collection of familiars. If it can drop limited things per day, use it for its drops. After that, you can set a variable to either default to something (like gnat) or "go to 20" which would attempt to take each familiar wiht you and level it to 20, then if all your fams are 20, and you have all your items farmed, then default to something.

Also if you have cot and/or bjorn on, it farms items if it can, and once you have all your daily drops, it tries to 20 everything before defaulting each to something.

you could also add "blacklist" code so it will skip anything you want it to, like OAF.

This way, the script is automatically updated for any new fams that come out once they are inputted into mafia

Pazleysox

4) is it possible to instead of listing every familiar in the game, scripting it to look at each fam you have and figue out what to do with it

I'll answer this, because I know for a fact that you can. I modified the script to fit my personal needs.

Here's the list of familiars that I have/use.
Code:
	foreach f in $familiars[Machine Elf, Rogue Program, Puck Man, Galloping Grill, Golden Monkey, Grimstone Golem, Hand Turkey]
		if (have_familiar(f) && f.drops_today < f.drops_limit)

Born Identities

..."DropFams" is the one what changes familiars once they reach their daily item drop limits, and then switches to one without drop limits, if you have adventures to spare after farming. It's a lot simpler than "famchanger".

View attachment 8974

"Dropfams" script is exactly what i have been looking for for such a long time. Been using it for the past month and its great.
Though, does anyone have an idea as to how to force no fams on this script for area's that require no fams to be used? Such as Fantasyrealm.

Pazleysox

"Dropfams" script is exactly what i have been looking for for such a long time. Been using it for the past month and its great.
Though, does anyone have an idea as to how to force no fams on this script for area's that require no fams to be used? Such as Fantasyrealm.

Code:
//script FR_Start.ash
void main()
{
cli_execute("set [COLOR="#FF0000"]afterAdventureScript[/COLOR] = ");
use_familiar($familiar[None]);
visit_url("place.php?whichplace=realm_fantasy&action=fr_initcenter");
visit_url("choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=1280&option=2");

equip($slot[hat], $item[FantasyRealm Mage's Hat]);
	equip($slot[weapon], $item[LyleCo premium magnifying glass]);
	equip($slot[acc1], $item[FantasyRealm G. E. M.]);
	equip($slot[acc2], $item[LyleCo premium monocle]);
}

This is how I would start my Fantasy Realm day.

change the text in red to where ever you set the familiar script.

VladYvhuce

Wow. I've been gone from KOL too long. My old account got hacked, so I took a couple years off. It's good to see that this script is still plugging along. I'm back on KOL collecting familiars again, as Rick Tyger. I'm also happy that others have found this useful. A simple answer to how to deal with it interfering with stuff like needing no famailar, or when you want to use another familiar is to simply disable the script and then re-enable it after you're done with whatever you needed to disable it for.

So I found this thread when i was looking for something similar. So couple questions, 1) So assuming fams that don't drop items were added to the checker, how would it handle a check like "f.drops_today < f.drops_limit" (lets say a lime)
2) Fams that drop "infinate" drops, like gnat or RoboGoose, how would it be handled if you used that same if?
3) do drops from throne count towards their daily drops? like if you have a Grimstone Golem in a cot, and it drops grimstone mask, can you take it with you as an active fam and get another mask?

I was thinknig the logic would be, lok at your collection of familiars. If it can drop limited things per day, use it for its drops. After that, you can set a variable to either default to something (like gnat) or "go to 20" which would attempt to take each familiar wiht you and level it to 20, then if all your fams are 20, and you have all your items farmed, then default to something.

Also if you have cot and/or bjorn on, it farms items if it can, and once you have all your daily drops, it tries to 20 everything before defaulting each to something.

you could also add "blacklist" code so it will skip anything you want it to, like OAF.

This way, the script is automatically updated for any new fams that come out once they are inputted into mafia

3: No. The script only counts the actual daily drops. Any extras from Bjorn/Crown do not count towards this.

As for the rest of your post: You're welcome to mod the script however you like. I'm not an expert scripter, so i can't answer most of your questions.

Last edited:

VladYvhuce

It looks like there's something wrong with Mafia's tracking on the llama lama's drops. he's dropped 5 gongs, but mafia is stuck thinking he's dropped 2. I wasn't able to ferret out the cause last night, and I'm still stumped today. So, here's a debug log. The familiar should've been swapped out over 100 adventures ago.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20220109.txt
    243.1 KB · Views: 2