Get Slimy

Bale

Minion
txt is part of the file name. Windows has a habit of hiding the extension if it is a known file type. Rather than tell you how to make the invisible .txt appear so that you can change it, here's a simpler answer: Try saving the file again, but make sure you save it with .ash at the end. If you do that it won't append .txt invisibly.

Then you can delete slime.txt

Nihilistiskism

when I try to re-save the file (specifically typing out the file name as "slime.ash") windows tells me there's already a file named "slime.ash.txt" and do I want to replace it? I can't figure how to prevent windows from appending the filename with .txt (even manually "save as" "slime.ash").

HELP PLEASE! :'(

-nihil

Bale

Minion
First delete the old one. Then in the little drop-down box under the place for the file name, make sure you select *.* instead of *.txt

Nihilistiskism

The only options listed in that drop-down beneath naming the file are ".txt" and "all files." Choosing "all files" doesn't keep it from being saved as a .txt file. :(

Ugh. I hate windows. Finally got it. Thanks for helping. :)

-nihil

Last edited:

Nihilistiskism

okay, now the file is finally the right name, but there's still the same (apparent) issue. The error message is the same, only without the .txt addendum to the file name:

Unknown variable 'script' (slime.ash, line 9)

when I try to call the script.

-nihil

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think it's time to make a new release soon. I suppose I should wait until the October IOTM comes out, at least.

Nihilistiskism

Okay, now I've got the thing working.

One thing: I'm using the CLEESH method (two separate CCS's), and occaisionally this will happen:

"You're on your own, partner!" Pop-up with combat with lesser slime.

This only happens when I have less than 10 MP for casting cleesh, but I thought I had mafia set up with auto-MP restore. This shouldn't happen. How do I fix it?

-nihil

Nihilistiskism

Yeah, my settings were off. Thanks. :)

And a huge thanks to everyone who held my hand through my first attempt at using this script. I really appreciate it. :)

-nihil

rrzhang001

I am ashamed to say that I may require some hand-holding for the slime script

I received the following when I was to kill the minimum ML slime

> call slime.ash

I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
Putting on AntiSlime...
Equipment changed.
CCS set to default
Problem casting "Ode to Booze" to help your Bandersnatch run away. Probably too many AT Buffs.

At the moment, I had 2 AT buffs, and I do not have Ode to Booze as a skill, and only using Bandersnatch for the mana refund after casting Saucegeyser

Is there a way around the Ode?

Bale

Minion
Hint: What do the mafia developers do whenever a new update to KoL breaks KolMafia?

You're not a brand new player so this cannot be the first time you've seen a KoL update break mafia.

playhavock

update kol maffia?

... there is an update. getting now.
hope this works :)
thanks.

if this fails then i dont know what to do.

okay that worked, if there had not been a new update ... i guess i would have just had to wait

Last edited:

mrcheesey

how do i set it to do more then one turn?

-EDIT-
ok so i thought id just copy and paste the script into the graphic thingymajic but it turns out it doesnt tke off the slime? o_O

Last edited: