New Content - Implemented April 2016's IotM: VIP Clan Floundry

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
One thing we currently have no way of handling is items that give their modifiers from being in inventory. This applies to the antique tacklebox and the fishin' pole from this content.

I guess this could be done by adding a new modifier like Free Pull (I guess "Inventory" would work), then iterating over all items in inventory checking for that modifier. But then I wonder if it's worth iterating over all of inventory every time modifiers are updated, for something that seems pretty minor.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Might be better to maintain the list of items with the Inventory modifier (which we can populate when we read modifiers.txt).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Uh, I guess technically the buffing items (e.g. mace of tortoise, accordions, saucepans), where the highest is used. I couldn't tell you any others off the top of my head.

This might also be relevant in the future, who knows!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The buffing items have other modifiers that don't apply from inventory, so those couldn't be converted to the new system.

digitrev

The maximizer doesn't suggest equipping the sonar fishfinder (and in fact suggests removing it if it is equipped).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Looks like I accidentally swapped fishin' pole and high-test fishing line item IDs in ItemPool.java. Lemme test this before committing.

edit: r16875.

Last edited:

Xande1

r16867. This also updates combat rate modifiers of Floundry equipment to +/- 10 (technically untested for tunac, but all others have been verified, either through Community Service or through the airship noncombat).

The codpiece is showing as -5% combat rate for me in mafia (r16887), so it seems to have been missed when this was done.

Bale

Minion
We need a way for the scripter to tell if it is present without a server hit. It would also be nice if he could tell the presence of sufficient fish to make stuff, but that's not as necessary.

Darzil

Developer
I think I'd also like the things available to be known as creations, as hot dogs and speakeasy drinks are, and the same to apply to barrel equipment and mayo equipment.