Feature - Implemented Mark drunk pygmy as banished after 11 Bowls of Scorpions

Erich

If I redirect the janitors and then banish the bowlers and orderlies from the hidden bowling ally, I get a stream of drunk pygmys that I free kill with bowls of scorpions. After 11 of them are killed this way, drunk pygmys are banished for the rest of the day, and if I try to adventure in the bowling ally I get tumbleweeds. However, if I check my banished monsters with mafia, drunk pygmy isn't shown:

Code:
> get banishedMonsters

a.m.c. gremlin:ice house:22293:pygmy bowler:tennis ball:3150:pygmy orderlies:stinky cheese eye:3150

So this is a request to have the drunks noted in your list of banished monsters.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
This was a hotfix by Jick & co pretty early on to counter a potential infinite meat bug from running a heavy stocking mimic (for instance).

Technically, drunk pygmies are not banished so much as conditionally rejected 100% of the time once that condition is met, but to most people, that's not an important distinction to make. Except in this case, where that means that you get tumbleweeds if you banish all the other monsters normally.

Another prime example of where this enters play: Oil Peak -- banish an oil slick, and you get tumbleweeds, since oil tycoon / cartel are rejected 100% of the time at low ML. Move to a zone where no monsters are conditionally rejected, banish all the monsters, and they all return to the zone.

Bale

Minion
Thank you for that crystal clear explanation of why certain zones give tumbleweeds and others do not. I never really understood until now.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
16761 adds _drunkPygmyBanishes, and when that reaches 11 the drunk pygmy gets 0 in appearance_rates(). Marking this implemented instead of rejected is an arbitrary decision here.