New Content - Implemented West of Loathing - 2016 Spring Challenge!

Bale

Minion
New item. Found from eating a Quantum Taco. Apparently it was left out of AWoL although I don't know if that was by accident or on purpose. I'll list it here anyway because it is BEANS!

Code:
> test additem 880233878

--------------------
8884	plate of Val-U Brand Every Bean Salad	880233878	franksbeans.gif	food	t,d	25
plate of Val-U Brand Every Bean Salad	1	5	awesome	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
# Item plate of Val-U Brand Every Bean Salad
--------------------

Shame they left it out since the corresponding can probably does prismatic damage. (Or at least bonus damage to every elemental spell.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is a gap at 8874 (for a can of beans) and at 8884 (for a plate of beans) and you have just found the latter.

File a bug report on KoL and ask about it!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 16896 adds the new plate-o-beans. I expect KoL devs have not responded to the query about whether the omission of the bean can was intentional?

Bale

Minion
File a bug report on KoL and ask about it!

Done.

Bug Report said:
Item 8874, Val-U Brand Every Bean Salad was either not marked public or else it was left off of the drop list for menacing rodeo clown.

I believe this is a bug because the corresponding canned item 8884, plate of Val-U Brand Every Bean Salad is in the game. People have been eating it via the quantum taco. That means it was marked public.

It seems really weird that the plated version of the beans is present when the can is missing. Can you confirm that this weirdness was intentional, or is a mistake?

Please,
Bale.

I'll report back if I get a response.

Bale

Minion
I got a response! It has been fixed. I don't know what "Fixed" means. I guess either the can was added to the drop table for a monster or the plate was removed from the quantum taco list.

From Gemelli (#384532) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Monday, April 25, 2016, 04:58PM

This has been fixed (or so sez Jick). Thanks for the report!

> Item 8874, Val-U Brand Every Bean Salad was either not marked public or else it was left off of the drop list for menacing rodeo clown.
>
> I believe this is a bug because the corresponding canned item 8884, plate of Val-U Brand Every Bean Salad is in the game. People have been eating it via the quantum taco. That means it was marked public.
>
> It seems really weird that the plated version of the beans is present when the can is missing. Can you confirm that this weirdness was intentional, or is a mistake?
>
> Please,
> Bale.​

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We need to add the newly-dropping item to items.txt. There don't seem to be any in the mall.

I quit doing LTT quests a while ago, after I had everything and more than 160 spare buffalo dimes, but seems like Granny Hackleton should drop this. Unless, as Bale suggests, the "fix" was to remove the plate.

Bale

Minion
A can would have appeared in the mall by now. It's safe to assume that the fix was to remove the public flag from the plate so that it won't be eaten by a quantum taco ever again. :(

I think that we're done here. Marking it implemented. Great job everypony!

Cool12309

It's safe to assume that the fix was to remove the public flag from the plate so that it won't be eaten by a quantum taco ever again. :(

I just want to clarify that the plate is most certainly still public. The can itself is either nonpublic or not dropping.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Supposedly 16882 didn't fix the X-gallon hat unequipping issue. I'm not likely to spend more time looking into that.

It turns out transformEquipment() never worked quite properly, and people never noticed it with the nemesis weapon or pixel weapons. Replacing the old item with wearing nothing makes it hard to then replace the old item with the new item in checkpoints. Fixed in 17204.