Interpreting /factory report

Chugsworth

Evening fellows.

Firstly, the backstory; today I thought I'd try out the Dwarven Code Solver feature. Identification worked fine and dandy, and /factory report produced the sexy table that it should. That's the point where I got stumped, however.

I'm currently trying to nab myself a new pair of pantaloons, and the table tells me that my gauges should be set to 49, 6, 50, and -6. Negative 6? Huh?

It also tells me that I need (all listed in green, so apparently I have enough anti-ore) -14 coal, -9 chrome, 7 linoleum and 9 asbestos. Again, negatives. It would make sense if I overloaded the hoppers, but coal and chrome only have 1 and 2 ores in them respectively.

So, to the actual question; how am I meant to interpret this data? Am I completely missing something obvious? Is my lack of mathematical thinking pwning me? Has gravity failed?

Thanks in advance.

-Chugsworth

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Please check your preferences file and copy-paste everything beginning with the letters "lastDwarf". Then copy-paste factory report. Also, please tell us exactly which version of KolMafia you are using. That will at least provide a place to begin figuring out how it messed up.

Chugsworth

The preferences:

lastDwarfDiceRolls=CG-EJ\=33\:CJ-EJ\=30\:CE-EJ\=31\: DE-IB\=06\:EJ-JG\=04\:CC-CG\=01\:JG-DC\=06\:GI-BE\=04\:
lastDwarfDigitRunes=BDC----
lastDwarfEquipmentRunes=MOI
lastDwarfFactoryItem118=G
lastDwarfFactoryItem119=F
lastDwarfFactoryItem120=P
lastDwarfFactoryItem3199=H
lastDwarfFactoryItem360=M
lastDwarfFactoryItem361=I
lastDwarfFactoryItem362=O
lastDwarfFactoryItem363=R
lastDwarfFactoryItem364=B
lastDwarfFactoryItem365=D
lastDwarfFactoryItem910=C
lastDwarfFactoryReset=9
lastDwarfHopper1=H
lastDwarfHopper2=D
lastDwarfHopper3=R
lastDwarfHopper4=B
lastDwarfOfficeItem3208=R,MDG,ODCJ,IDBG
lastDwarfOfficeItem3209=D,MDDJ,ODBI,IDE
lastDwarfOfficeItem3210=B,MDCG,ODJ,IED
lastDwarfOfficeItem3211=H,MDBG,ODDI,IDIB
lastDwarfOfficeItem3212=M,HEJ,BJJ,DJC,RDG
lastDwarfOfficeItem3213=O,BJI,HDB,DJB,RJC
lastDwarfOfficeItem3214=I,DEJ,RDB,HJI,BDC
lastDwarfOreRunes=BRHD

And the table (with generic C/P lack of formatting):

Hopper #1Hopper #2Hopper #3Hopper #4lump of coalchrome orelinoleum oreasbestos ore1 (H)/3 (I)2 (H)/20 (I)2 (H)/20 (I)2 (H)/22 (I)HatGauges5054864Ores-9-128-16PantsGauges49650-6Ores-14-979WeaponGauges5649615Ores7-14-12-14

Which slightly cleaned up looks like:

Hopper #1 Hopper #2 Hopper #3 Hopper #4
lump of coal chrome ore linoleum ore asbestos ore
1 (H)/3 (I) 2 (H)/20 (I) 2 (H)/20 (I) 2 (H)/22 (I)
Hat Gauges 50 54 8 64
Ores -9 -12 8 -16
Pants Gauges 49 6 50 -6
Ores -14 -9 7 9
Weapon Gauges 56 49 61 5
Ores 7 -14 -12 -14

I should probably also note that nothing has been manually set (ie. numbers). Oh, and the space in the dice rolls is manually entered to avoid a smiley.

Running DB 7273.

-Chugsworth

Last edited:

Chugsworth

Yep. I got confirmation messages for everything.

As far as I was aware, /factory report doesn't generate a table unless everything has been identified anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm not sure what to say, except that sure looks weird. I entered your preferences into my pref file and got this:

> factory solve

Initialized 720 permutations
Eliminated 708 permutations; 12 left
Eliminated 4 permutations; 8 left
Eliminated 6 permutations; 2 left
Eliminated 1 permutations; 1 left
Dwarf digit code solved!

> set lastDwarfDigitRunes

IDJEBGC

That's with my new and improved digit solver.

Notice that we have some differences - 0 and 2 are not the same as in your partial report.

I suggest you do "factory setdigits IDJEBGC" and just carry on, for now.

Chugsworth

Well, manually setting the digits has resulted in a new, seemingly accurate table (Cleaned slightly for readability).

> factory setdigits IDJEBGC

> factory report

Visiting hopper #1 to check ore level
Visiting hopper #2 to check ore level
Visiting hopper #3 to check ore level
Visiting hopper #4 to check ore level
Hopper #1 Hopper #2 Hopper #3 Hopper #4
lump of coal chrome ore linoleum ore asbestos ore
1 (H)/3 (I) 2 (H)/20 (I) 2 (H)/20 (I) 2 (H)/22 (I)
Hat
Gauges 82 58 12 96
Ores 23 20 12 16
Pants
Gauges 53 10 82 22
Ores 14 23 11 13
Weapon
Gauges 56 77 93 9
Ores 11 18 20 14

I cannot for the life of me figure out what caused the original discrepancies. As I previously said, I haven't fiddled with the deduction processes in the least, which makes me wonder whether or not others may end up with the same problem. The question then is what is the actual problem? Why did my outcomes differ to Veracity's, when the same information was provided?

Questions aside, I believe that a big thank you is due to both of you. As always, you manage to be quick and effective, for which I, and I'd wager the rest of the community, am very thankful.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
-Chugsworth