New Content - Implemented 2016 Familiar of the Year

Erich

Start this up.

Unknown item found: basking robin (8831, 662653769)
--------------------
8831 basking robin 662653769 baskinrobin.gif grow t 0
Item basking robin Free Pull
--------------------

--------------------
8832 tiny domino mask 832460823 robinmask.gif familiar t,d 75
Item tiny domino mask Familiar Weight: +5
--------------------

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
r16635 adds these and some other effects. r16636 adds the familiar itself. There's at least one item that's still missing.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
[980] Cake-Shaped Arena
Boppin' Julie gains 2 experience.
Scavenger Hunt rank 2: trial 7
Putting on rat head balloon...
Equipment changed.
Round 77: Boppin' Julie vs. Terrible, Awful, Horrible Jim...
[color=red]Semirare window begin counter expired.[/color]
Putting on reinforced beaded headband...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Iron Beta of Industry...
Equipment changed.
Putting on World's Best Adventurer sash...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Xiblaxian holo-wrist-puter...
Equipment changed.
Taking off rat head balloon...
Equipment changed.
[color=red]Training session aborted.[/color]
This has screwed me before. It never occurs to me to remove all active counters before doing "Learn Familiar Strengths" via the Familiar Trainer. I'll see if I can make that button, at least, ignore counters.

Code:
Results for Rockin' Robin after 7 trials using 76 turns:

Contest         XP[1]   XP[2]   XP[3]  Original Rank Derived Rank
Cage Match      15      25      35          0                3
Scavenger Hunt  14      22      30          0                3
Obstacle Course 14      19      30          0                3
Hide and Seek   14      23      30          0                3
Although I would have preferred a full 12 trials, this is still believable.

This has screwed me before. It never occurs to me to remove all active counters before doing "Learn Familiar Strengths" via the Familiar Trainer. I'll see if I can make that button, at least, ignore counters.

Can we have that as a preference or some form of toggle? If I have a counter running, I don't want any form of automation ignoring it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Can we have that as a preference or some form of toggle? If I have a counter running, I don't want any form of automation ignoring it.

Using "Learn Familiar Strengths" is a large turn sink for only the benefit of spading. If losing out on whatever that counter would give is important to you (probably a semirare, worth like 20k), then you probably aren't ever going to sink 144 turns into that spading anyway.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Most users will never click that particular button, as it typically will be used by a mafia dev once for each familiar before the results make it into the datafiles.

edit: what lost said

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What lost and heeheehee said.

I am quite sure that you have never used "Learn Familiar Strengths". You might have used "Level Familiar" (or whatever it is called) - and that button WILL still stop for counters, since you can pick up where you left off with no harm.

I probably make about 1K Meat per adventure from (slowly) selling the familiar items that I get while deriving the familiar's arena parameters, so it's not a complete loss, but Barf Mountain is worth more than 2.5 times as much, so it's not my preferred way to burn aftercore turns before I ascend. I willingly do it, though, once per familiar, because SOMEBODY has to do it. :)

Ah. I didn't consider the possibility that such a limited-use function would be in the main branch of Mafia, sorry for the confusion.

Xande1

All my testing says the robin drops an egg every 30 (successful!) combats, so perhaps add a counter to the familiar a la grimstone golem and angry jung man to show when the next will drop. I've gotten 7 in one day, and so far no evidence of a per-day limit. (I'll try keeping the robin on all day when I play my turns today, and see if I can hit a daily cap. UPDATE: Got 9, no limit so far, but I've been in this run too long to tell if there's some sort of puck-man daycount+1 limit until after I ascend.)

Also, the wiki seems to have good data on the robin nog: 2 drunkenness, 6-9 adventures (avg. 7.5), 10-20 muscle (avg 15), 10-20 mysticality (avg 15), 10-20 moxie (avg 15). Robin flan appears to be the same, but no one can swear to having gotten 6 adventures from eating one yet, so the jury's still out on that one. UPDATE: 14 flans, 7, 8, or 9 adventures from all of them. Will post additional spading as I can get to it.

Also, the robin currently isn't in the "special drops" familiar sub-menu. It should be.

Last edited:

Xande1

Adventure gain on both robin nog and robin flan is 7-9 (avg. 8). Based on 42 flans and 28 nogs. Stat gain was correct (10-20 of each substat).

While we're at it:
Unexpected plural of 'robin's egg' found: robins's's egg
Unexpected plural of 'robin nog' found: cups of robin nog

The rest of the above is still correct: It drops an egg every 30 combat wins.

I think that's everything. Is there anything unspaded that I'm overlooking?

The very first egg drop appeared for me after 5 combat wins, it's possible that might reset on ascension.

Edit: also I'm not 100% on this, but I suspect that the egg counter persists over rollover.

Last edited:

Xande1

Confirmed on both for the egg drop counter: resets to 5 combat wins on ascension, and persists across rollover.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bump to remind that we need to track/show the egg drop counter. Revision 16725 adds the consumption data and plurals.

I am very happy to see the robin flan and robin nog rise to the top of my Food/Booze panels so I can consider using them.

Edit: also to add the robin to the "special drops" menu. Unlike the others, we really don't care how many drops per day it has given you, since the number of robin's eggs you can get is not capped by anything except adventures you spend with it equipped - and the drop is scheduled, not random.

I suspect that FamiliarData.DropInfo needs a little work to handle this cleanly.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
I suspect that FamiliarData.DropInfo needs a little work to handle this cleanly.
That code doesn't seem to show the progress to a next drop anyway, unless I missed it, so probably nothing needed.

Which as Bat Fellow has it's own thread, maybe means we are done here ?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
While it has never shown progress toward next drop, a first step would be tracking combats with familiar since last drop -- if dropsToday != dropsMax. Jung jars / grim masks are a bit tricky, since their counters don't reset on rollover, but this would certainly help with, say, fist turkey (drop rate increases by 5% per combat, with a starting base of... 15/10/10/5/5, based on my logs) as well as rockin' robin (scheduled). Probably other familiar thingies that I don't know off the top of my head.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
According to wikidata (never sure if I can trust that), llama gongs are 20/15/10/5/5, with no note about an increasing drop rate. First instance of an increasing drop rate I can think of was spring break beach pencil mushrooms (6.5% base, increasing by 1.5% every combat or something).

Darzil

Developer
Hmm, I thought it changed in later spleen familiars and was retrofitted to the others. Maybe I'm forgetting.