Bug - Not A Bug Kolmafia browser doesn't detect certain items

Bale

Minion
Are you Tinaturner on the KoL Forum? Here's a screenshot of my own inventory in which both items are visible. Is this the same place where you cannot see yours? Are you looking somewhere else?

Please note that UV-resistant Compass is the last item in the "Off-Hand Items" category and Mega Gem is near the bottom of "Accessories."

bpaU1bf.png

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
It just occurred to me that you might be making use of a KoL feature to hide certain items. This feature has nothing at all to do with mafia. Can you see this?

emLAFxg.png

Please make sure that is set to show everything. If you have it set to only show enchanted stuff then you won't see the UV-resistant compass or mega gem.

Smug Atheist

Yes I'm Tina Turner!

I had the relevant option (Show: Everything) selected in both my runs.

I've had no problem with any other items except these two, for two BM runs in a row.

I used the items via the kolmafia inventory manager, which showed the items fine.

Once I get to the relevant stage of this run, I'll try it again and see what happens.

For what it's worth, I'm using build 17.2. The scripts I'm using are Adventure Advisor (by you, Bale), Guide (Ezandora), Bounty Hunter Helper (rlbond86), and ZLib (zarqon).

Darzil

Developer
I don't think we'd be editing these out, as we show what KOL does, rather than building the pages from scratch, with some minor edits.

When you see this issue, do you also see the issue in KOL natively, not via Mafia ?

Terion

Have you tried a Ctrl-F on the equipment screen to see if you're overlooking them? I know when I switched from sorting alphabetically to sorting by power, my eyes have ever since been skipping over things.

Smug Atheist

Have you tried a Ctrl-F on the equipment screen to see if you're overlooking them? I know when I switched from sorting alphabetically to sorting by power, my eyes have ever since been skipping over things.

I do use ctrl+f often, but I can't specifically remember if I did in these cases. I'll reconfirm once I get to the relevant level on my run.

I don't think we'd be editing these out, as we show what KOL does, rather than building the pages from scratch, with some minor edits.

When you see this issue, do you also see the issue in KOL natively, not via Mafia ?

Native KOL showed the items fine.

Next step for me is to get to the relevant level to replicate the bug.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is no code in KoLmafia to remove certain items from showing in the inventory in the Relay Browser.

I look forward with interest to see how this develops.

xKiv

FWIW, I have had a few occasions when kol's displayed inventory (inventory.php) and actual inventory (as reported by api.php) were not in sync - though in my case it was always after being looted in pvp. The stolen item was still in inventory page, but trying to do anything with it errored out in some way. IIRC, /count returned correct result.
This could be something like that - kol's two different representations of inventory are not the same.
Of course, logging out from mafia and back in vanilla kol "fixes" the problem, because the (cached) incorrect inventory is refreshed on login ...

---

Is this issue consistent (every time you log in via mafia)?
Only in BM, or other types of runs too?
Does mafia know about you having those items even right after you visit inventory.php? (am I mistaken if I think mafia will update its idea of inventory when hitting inventory.php?)
Do you have any relay script that could manipulate that page? (maybe .kolmafia/relay/inventory.ash?)
Greasemonkey script (it could be configured to trigger only on localhost ...)?

When it happens, I would also try visiting inventory.php in minibrowser (that displays how the page looks without mafia's processing, right?).
And also 1) debug on 2) inventory.php 3) debug off 4) inspect the resulting debug file to see if the items are even present in the HTML sent by KoL, in the first place.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Does mafia know about you having those items even right after you visit inventory.php? (am I mistaken if I think mafia will update its idea of inventory when hitting inventory.php?)

Mafia doesn't update anything from those pages. Years ago, Quest items were parsed from there and everything else came from the meatpasting dropdown, but now everything is from api.php and combat items are updated in combat.

Do you have the Mega Gem and the compass added to any favorites tabs? Those have an option to hide favorited items from the main inventory.

That's also a vanilla kol feature, I believe.

Smug Atheist

Okay, I got both the UV compass and the mega gem, made sure the relevant options were selected (show: everything, sort by: name), and both items came up.

I think my problem might have been keeping the enchantment option on. Neither item is enchanted, and thus wouldn't show up under enchanted items.

Wow, that was embarrassing! Can this thread be marked solved?