Bug - Cannot Reproduce Builtin Free Rest Daily Deed not updating

In r16604 my daily deed free rest button shows "0/8" free rests after using some of my free rests.

My "timesRested" property shows the correct number of rests used today.

I've used my free rests via
a) clicking the daily deed button
b) clicking directly on the bed in the chateau

Last edited:
On further investigation, the daily deeds panel doesn't seem to be updating for me at all.

"Chateau Desk" button is active, despite having used my desk today.
The island arena buttons are active, despite having used the arena today.
Tea Tree dropdown is active, despite having used the teatree today.

and so on...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
IIRC there are several items in the daily deeds panel that would be improved by listener support, i.e. things change that should effect the status of items in the panel but the panel has to be closed and opened to update in response to those changes. The "swim laps" and "swim sprints" pair is one such item. Pressing a button does not gray it out (the first time one of them is pressed). Breakfast is another item since items and skills can be acquired after breakfast has run but would have been included. IMO neither problem is large enough to spend the effort to solve.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
IIRC there are several items in the daily deeds panel that would be improved by listener support, i.e. things change that should effect the status of items in the panel but the panel has to be closed and opened to update in response to those changes. The "swim laps" and "swim sprints" pair is one such item. Pressing a button does not gray it out (the first time one of them is pressed). Breakfast is another item since items and skills can be acquired after breakfast has run but would have been included. IMO neither problem is large enough to spend the effort to solve.

The bug mentioned here is separate from any of that. I've also seen the lack of updating before (for things that normally update just fine), and have no idea how to reproduce it.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The bug mentioned here is separate from any of that. I've also seen the lack of updating before (for things that normally update just fine), and have no idea how to reproduce it.

OK. It sounded like a similar bug to me but I am often notoriously wrong when I draw conclusions based on similarity.

I should clarify my swimming pool comment. Today the button grey'd out just fine on one character. That character had the Clan Key in inventory at login and I actually ran the deed just prior to logout. On another character who did not have the key in inventory but pulled it from the display case as part of login I pressed the button before burning all my turns and it did not gray out until the second press. The DD panel knew about the key because when it is not there the panel builds without those buttons.

I could probably reproduce a failure to update for Breakfast but I am not sure that is worth the effort or even worth fixing if the effort is made.

Erich

I've experienced this for a few weeks over a bunch of different versions, but never submitted a report because I thought it was a user end problem. I thought it was a slow computer not processing my requests, mostly because restarting mafia worked.