Bug - Fixed Drop Rates for Bubblin' Caldera

digitrev

Adding to this with some more drop rates (different locations).

The Bubblin' Caldera lava lamprey [8463]smelted roe: 91.35 confidence of a 15% drop rate

Also, my collective spading for the Bubblin' Caldera has led to me to believe that the super-rare drops are 0.1% drops, unaffected by bonus item drop percent.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Adding completely unrelated data to a thread which was marked implemented and closed 11 months ago is an excellent way to guarantee that it will be ignored. Don't do that.

Split into a new thread.

digitrev

My bad. I keep forgetting that this forum prefers new threads (whereas GD prefers old ones). I'll make sure to keep new item data in new threads.

Bale

Minion
It's not about new vs old. It is that the thread you posted in was already marked implemented. Once we do that, you shouldn't post anything new there.

A final nail in the coffin is that it was only marginally related to the data you posted.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The smelted roe drop rate was added in 16426, and we have no way of showing drop rates below 1%, so this is done.

Bale

Minion
It made good sense once upon a time to store it that way. Things have changed since then. I suppose a relevant question is if it is worth the trouble of adding a feature to change that? Either to store it as a decimal or perhaps a new field to divide that integer drop rate? So a drop rate of 5 / 100 to indicate .05% which is how KoL does it?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm mostly sure that KoL actually stores these as ints as well, not as percents (anymore!), but as ten-thousandths (I think? Can't remember if it's 1/1000 or 1/10000). Used to be that drop rates lower than 1% had to be coded as, for instance, 1% with 90% rejection to get the base 0.1% on melanges (or 100% with 99.9% rejection for stuff like hot egg or these airport rares, apparently).

It would be super neat if Mafia was aware of rejection rates as well, but there's not really enough data in the wild for that yet.