Equipt - an item selection tool

Spiny

Ok .... hardcore account, any scenario I try for item drop it mentions my brimstone boxers and indicates [from storage]. I don't however have Brimstone boxers in storage. I have them in my inventory. Here's what occurred:

> call equipt.ash Item Drop

Searching for Item Drop
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 74.166245]
hat: miner's helmet
shirt: (empty)
pants: Brimstone Boxers [from storage]
weapon: (empty)
offhand: (empty)
acc1: Baron von Ratsworth's monocle
acc2: lucky rabbit's foot
acc3: (empty)
familiar: Baby Gravy Fairy
familiar item: (empty)

You only have 0 Brimstone Boxers in storage (you wanted 1)
Pulling items from storage...
0 pulls remaining,0 budgeted for automatic use.
Taking off Baron von Ratsworth's monocle...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Baron von Ratsworth's monocle...
Equipment changed.
Putting on lucky rabbit's foot...
Equipment changed.
Putting on miner's helmet...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Brimstone Boxers...
Equipment changed.
done.

So in short, it put on my brimstone boxers successfully but no idea why it kept saying they were in storage.

-Spiny

DerDrongo

Neat! As long as I'm carping for features... :) It also could look at your scratch-n-sniff sword and, if the current stickers are appropriate, consider it. This might be something you'd want to control with a setting, though, since the stickers fall off.
I recently broke sticker support but it should be back soon, my current fix is a bit flaky just now (it has an option for minimum stickers so it will only consider them if you have atleast that many)

I also have a wild and crazy request for consideration (and probable rejection): given a budget of XXXX meat and a minimum duration of Y turns:
- buy buff items to maximize whatever for that many turns
- buy equipment that provides the best increase to (whatever) over what you've got
So I can say that, before I fight hodg, I'm willing to spend 150,000 on +item buffs with a min duration of 1 turn - and it goes and buys all the right stuff. Or I'm willing to spend 1mm meat on +meat items, and it spends that money for the item or items that provide the biggest boost to +meat as compared to what I already have.

Note: if I get to prioritize my wild wishes, this one is pri #2 behind the +ML/mox bit I mentioned earlier. ;)
I have considered adding buff support but it is very very complex so doubt it will be added to this script, i might consider making a separate script for it but not planning anything for now... but if anyone else wants to make that script your more than welcome :)
as for buying equipment i could add that but would need accurate prices and a lot of them... too many for mall_price but more accurate than items.ofloathing.org

Ok .... hardcore account, any scenario I try for item drop it mentions my brimstone boxers and indicates [from storage]. I don't however have Brimstone boxers in storage. I have them in my inventory
Where you wearing them when you called the script?

Spiny

At the time that I called the script in the instance I posted above, I wasn't wearing the boxers, I was wearing Frat Warrior Fatigues. I can try again later tonight when I run turns on that account to see what happens when I search for Item Drops and I AM wearing the Boxers already to see if it still says "from storage".

Thanks,
Spiny

Edit: I tested this tonight both while wearing the brimstone boxers, as well as wearing different pants to see if the [from storage] would be removed from the Boxers. In both tests, the [from storage] remained and resulted in:

You only have 0 Brimstone Boxers in storage (you wanted 1)
Pulling items from storage...
0 pulls remaining,0 budgeted for automatic use.

Mind you, it DOES equip the boxers in both cases, but that it looks to pull something that isn't in storage, especially in a HC run is baffling.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, I'm still having this issue:

> call scripts/equipt.ash

Searching for Item Drop
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 175.081]
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: Hodgman's metal detector] [rate: 165.081]
[outfit: Encephalic Ensemble] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 135.081]
[outfit: Encephalic Ensemble] [hobo: Hodgman's metal detector] [rate: 125.08099]
[outfit: Bounty-Hunting Rig] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 187.081]
[outfit: Bounty-Hunting Rig] [hobo: Hodgman's metal detector] [rate: 185.081]
hat: bounty-hunting helmet
shirt: flaming pink shirt
pants: bounty-hunting pants
weapon: bounty-hunting rifle
offhand: (two handed weapon)
offhand is not empty!: Brimstone Bunker
acc1: Order of the Silver Wossname
acc2: Red Balloon of Valor
acc3: Uranium Omega of Temperance
familiar: Baby Gravy Fairy
familiar item: plastic pumpkin bucket

Taking off Red Balloon of Valor...
Equipment changed.
Taking off Uranium Omega of Temperance...
Equipment changed.
Wielding bounty-hunting rifle...
Equipment changed.
You can't equip an off-hand item while wielding a 2-handed weapon.

Bale

Minion
This script does not seem to account for intrinsic effects of equipment. For instance, equipping a Wolf Mask gives Complete Delusion (Muscle +4, Moxie +5). In hardcore (as a moxie class) that can make a big difference when I was so unlucky as to not get a worn top hat.

You're probably aware of this, but I'd like to know if you have any plans to fix this lack in the script.

Bale

Minion
Code:
[COLOR="olive"]> equipt monster level -sim[/COLOR]

Searching for Monster Level
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 35.0]
hat: (empty)
shirt: hipposkin poncho
pants: (empty)
weapon: world's smallest violin
acc1: (empty)
acc2: (empty)
acc3: (empty)
familiar: Disembodied Hand
familiar item: rave whistle
That was very informative, but wouldn't it have been better to suggest using the rave whistle as an off-hand weapon? ;)

DerDrongo

sorry i havnt had much time to bug fix recently, works too busy just now hopefully it will return to some sane hours soon

Code:
weapon: world's smallest violin
familiar: Disembodied Hand
familiar item: rave whistle
That was very informative, but wouldn't it have been better to suggest using the rave whistle as an off-hand weapon? ;)
the logic for deciding the familiar item first is so it gets the best 1handed weapon to allow for optimal selection of weapon/offhand... that said ill see about adding a extra check against wasting a familiar pick (unless its locked)

A similiar 2 handed issue:

-item[rice bowl] Item Drop

> call scripts/equipt.ash

Searching for Item Drop
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 127.08099]
[outfit: Bounty-Hunting Rig] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 152.081]
hat: bounty-hunting helmet
shirt: (empty)
pants: bounty-hunting pants
weapon: bounty-hunting rifle
offhand: (two handed weapon)
offhand is not empty!: rice bowl