Bug - Fixed Maximizer attempts to pull free pull items older than allowed by challenge paths

Valliant

Hi folks, I found an interesting thing. While trying to maximize spell damage very early in a Community Service run I found that it suggested actual reality goggles as a thing to pull and wear. (I'm not sure why, as the wiki doesn't show any use for it.) I wouldn't mind that so much, except that given the age of the item it can't be pulled and everything stops when the pull fails.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's a KoL bug that those items don't show up on standard.php. I guess the fix on our end is to never suggest free pull items when you are under standard restrictions.

Valliant

Yeah, aside from Mr. Store familiar eggs, most free pull items of relevance to a path are now outright handed to the player at the beginning of the run. It doesn't seem like it would hurt to never suggest them.

Darzil

Developer
It's a KoL bug that those items don't show up on standard.php. I guess the fix on our end is to never suggest free pull items when you are under standard restrictions.

Sounds overkill to me, not sure if I want to implement a generic kludge to address a specific bug. Is it only this one item affected, or are there others?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Only this one for now. We could have a list of blocked items, and just add to it every time KoL adds to the list, I guess.