chatbotScript

Alhifar

Am I doing something wrong here? I've attached the script I've written to be used as a chatbot script. I've previously written another chatbot script in a similar fashion that worked, but this seems not to.

I've set chatbotScript to both cagebot and cagebot.ash, and have tried restarting mafia multiple times.

Last edited:

Alhifar

I don't plan on ever being in Hobopolis. I honestly don't see the difference between this and having a random person go sit in the cage. It will actually be run on my main character, as well.

Bale

Minion
You realize that this is an amazingly blatant violation of the Hobopolis multi rules, right?

It's only a violation if he has another character in that instance of Hobopolis. Lots of people have unused multis that play cagebait for their clan when they're not in the dungeon. He's merely automating it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Agreed. It's only an abuse of the policy if used abusively. There's nothing inherently abusive of being cage bait - or of scripting it.

Alhifar

I updated to the latest build, and the problem seems to have gone away. Possibly with the fix for the POST/GET problems that were affecting the nuns as well?

Bale

Minion
So, does this script work? It looks like a very nice thing if true.

I don't know much about chatbots, but if I understand it properly, it will head into the sewers when it recieves a message that contains the text, "get in the cage". It will then open grates, turn valves and cleesh all monsters while minimizing combat rate.

That's just awesome.

Alhifar

I found a few bugs, I've included the fixed version with this post. There are, however, a few features I'd like to add still, for example, it will set the choice adventures to use valves/grates if less than 20 are already opened, but it only checks once, and doesn't take into account what it opens.

EDIT: For future information, because I don't think I've seen it actually stated anywhere else, a chatbot script is simply a script whose with the signature "void main( string sender , string message )" that is fired off each time a blue message is received. As well, the function "chat_reply()" only works in a chatbot script.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
So, to make this work, all that is required is:
set chatbotScript = cagebot.ash
right?

Alhifar

Exactly.

EDIT: Oh, and you have to have a "cage" ccs that does what you want it to do to the sewer monsters. Personally, mine has it use cleesh, then attack.

EDIT 2: Oops, I found a really stupid error that caused it to only adventure once. >.<

Last edited:

Alphonse Kane

I had a cagebot script that I used for a while. Instead of waiting for a PM, it would see if hobopolis is open (by loading the dungeon logs and searching for whether the hoboverlord had been defeated), and, if it is, do basically as you said. It had a few checks to determine how to play- characters under level nine or without cleesh would run away from every combat, using tattered scraps of paper if possible and restoring as needed. With CLEESH but under level 17, it would behave as yours does, but over level 17 it does not. The script would also craft items from sewer loot and put them in the clan stash, based on what skills were available. *sigh* And then my laptop died on me.

Alhifar

The only problem I can see with a cagebot like that is that it either has to hit the servers way more often than I'd like, or it would not go back in the sewer after it was reflooded. With this, at any time, it can be put in the cage.

Bale

Minion
Alhifar said:
Okay, all the coding is finished up for switching clans. If I get dungeon permissions in HCS, I'll enable the code that allows me to switch clans. In that case, my profile will automatically be updated with which clan I am currently in.

Please post the code! We'd like to see its final form including the ability to switch to any clan it is whitelisted in.

Alhifar

Scratch that, I just realized it is mechanically impossible. You can't reach the account page to change your profile while you are in the cage >.<
Look for it in "Turn burning scripts" in a few minutes.

Alhifar

It does update the current clan. I was thinking a notice that it was currently in the cage. Maybe I could have it simply say it is in the sewer...

Bale

Minion
Actually, sometimes someone will want to know if it is available for sewer duty BEFORE it is sent into the sewer, so they are ready.

Please add "status" as something that it can be asked, so it can respond with "Ready for duty" or "In the sewer of Clan [clan name]" or words to that effect.

Alhifar

That's a good suggestion, though I would like to request that further requests/bug reports be posted in the cagebot thread, to keep them in one centralized place.