Let's Confuse the Maximizer!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Logged in and went through normal login scripts. Manually changed to (named) "default" outfit from pajamas. Switched to the mazimizer and maximized on Main stat. Got the following:

Capture.PNG

Note that the maximizer suggests "create & equip" for a second Morningstar even though the on hand button is selected (and the creatable is not). Possibly of interest is that "default" did equip the Morningstar - I think in the main hand but I'm not sure and can't check.

Past experience suggested that if I tried to execute the maximizer suggestions doing so would fail. I went to the gear change and put on my Birthday Suit. I noted that the Item Manager thought I had 2 Morningstars. I refreshed the inventory, went back to the mazimizer and this time got something with one Morningstar.

I don't know what is going on. The create may be a problem with the mazimizer using an incorrect message or not respecting the radio button option. The invalid suggestion is almost certainly the expected behavior given that the inventory is out of synch. I have seen similar errors with other EWs (or LEWs) and I wonder whether there is some handling with those during equip/unequip that is getting the inventory out of whack but that is uninformed speculation not based on any familiarity withe the code. As I think of it I wonder what it would take to make a second Morningstar, whether KoL allows that, or not, and whether mafia's data matches.

Posting so I can have my incorrect expectations corrected and gather data about the other things in hopes a proper bug report can be formulated ;-)