Thread: help determining what script is auto-getting my semi-rare

Default help determining what script is auto-getting my semi-rare

Is there a way to find out what script is deciding what semi-rare I should get and getting it for me? I recently installed a couple of scripts including CounterChecker, Universal_recovery, and possibly a few others. Instead of stopping and letting me know that a semi-rare is coming up, mafia goes forward and decides to get the most profitable one for me, without asking. Which would be nice, except I like to keep up some of my stocks of semi-rares, and am trying to max out my pool skills.

Any idea how I determine what is doing this, other than uninstalling scripts and waiting until I get a semi-rare and seeing if things changed?

I'm pretty sure it's CounterChecker earning you as much meat as possible in aftercore. I also think there's an editable list of semirares to consider, if that's actually the script doing it.

You can find out which script is automating your counters by copy/pasting the following into the cli and hitting enter:

Code:
    get counterScript
    You can then disable it by doing

Code:
    set counterScript =

I'm pretty sure it's CounterChecker earning you as much meat as possible in aftercore. I also think there's an editable list of semirares to consider, if that's actually the script doing it.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    CounterChecker does not have such a feature. I was considering it for some time, but it seemed like a PITA to add that feature since I wasn't going to use it.

Kind of does.
    Code:
    item [location] semi_rare;
    	semi_rare[$location[The Haunted Billiards Room]] = $item[cube of billiard chalk];
    	semi_rare[$location[Cobb's Knob Menagerie\, Level 2]] = $item[irradiated pet snacks];
    	semi_rare[$location[The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob]] = $item[Knob Goblin lunchbox];
    Comment out any semi_rare options you don't want it to consider in the SVN version. Use svn sync to copy your changes to the active copy.

Hmm... so there's no way to use the counter script, but have it NOT get the semi-rares? I had found a setting that was auto-semirare that I set to false, but it didn't fix it.

Why do you want it to use it if you aren't getting semi-rares? You can turn them off or on in ronin/hardcore, but nobody ever expressed the concern of wanting the script, but for it to not do anything. Please explain.

Ah, I guess I didn't realize its sole purpose was for auto-getting semi-rares. I thought it provided counters for many things. I added it because bumcheek's ascension script required it... I didn't really look at it.

Thanks for explaining.