New Content - Implemented Summer 2015 Path: One Crazy Random Summer

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I expect that could be a page for the $monster[] data type (and a corresponding page for other data types, if needed), rather than a page just for random_attributes.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The monster's random modifiers - currently only used by the One Crazy Random Summer path
Not exactly.

The "random_attributes" field is valid ONLY for the monster you are currently fighting (or just defeated), as obtained via last_monster(). It is never used for the "base" monster, as you would get using a $monster[] constant. It will be empty unless KoL is generating random monster attributes for you - and, yes, the One Crazy Random Summer path will give you +1 random attributes. However, the path rewards each also give you +1 random attribute, which stacks with the Path, but which can be used even in aftercore (when you are no longer on the path) or in any future path where you choose to pull the item, for some reason.

Fair enough. I hadn't considered people using that equipment in aftercore, but of course that's perfectly possible. I edited the wiki accordingly.

I'm back to feeling like an idiot. How can I actually get a monster's modifiers out of this field? It's labeled as an aggregate boolean [string], but appears to actually be an aggregate string [int]...

> ash last_monster().random_attributes[0]
Returned: true

> ash last_monster().random_attributes["shaky"]
Index for 'null' has wrong data type (expected int, got string) ()
Returned: void

Fair enough. I hadn't considered people using that equipment in aftercore, but of course that's perfectly possible. I edited the wiki accordingly.

I'm back to feeling like an idiot. How can I actually get a monster's modifiers out of this field? It's labeled as an aggregate boolean [string], but appears to actually be an aggregate string [int]...

> ash last_monster().random_attributes[0]
Returned: true

> ash last_monster().random_attributes["shaky"]
Index for 'null' has wrong data type (expected int, got string) ()
Returned: void
Try the "secret" proxy function:
Code:
ash last_monster().random_attributes("shaky")

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
> ash $monster[ghost].random_attributes

Returned: aggregate boolean [string]

> ash last_monster().random_attributes

Returned: aggregate string [int]
How odd. I'll see what's up.

Edit: Try revision 15864

Last edited:

PeKaJe

A number of the modifiers change the image in a way that leaves them blank in the relay browser (Firefox 38), while they worked fine if I logged into native KoL. After a bit of testing things, I noticed that the servers were sending slightly different HTML to native and mafia. Specifically, mafia was getting the attribute crossorigin="Anonymous" added to the "monpic" image. I have no idea what this does, nor why mafia would get it (maybe it has something to do with user agent?), but when I edited it out in RequestEditorKit.java, the images started working for me in the relay browser.

A number of the modifiers change the image in a way that leaves them blank in the relay browser (Firefox 38), while they worked fine if I logged into native KoL. After a bit of testing things, I noticed that the servers were sending slightly different HTML to native and mafia. Specifically, mafia was getting the attribute crossorigin="Anonymous" added to the "monpic" image. I have no idea what this does, nor why mafia would get it (maybe it has something to do with user agent?), but when I edited it out in RequestEditorKit.java, the images started working for me in the relay browser.
I noticed the same thing. Good find, PeKaJe!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I can't reproduce this. The only attribute which does not work for me is "lazy". As I understand, that is supposed to make the monster horizontal, and I have never seen that. I also have the useLastUserAgent set to true, which should pass on my browser's user agent, so if KoL is doing things based on that, it should be the same in the Relay Browser as in my vanilla browser.

However, revision 15872 strips out all 'crossorigin="Anonymous"' from pages in the Relay Browser.

Tell me how it works for you.

PeKaJe

Actually, I've not seen "lazy" work either, though there may be something else at play. useLastUserAgent is a good bet to why it worked for you, since it appears the game sends different HTML depending on browser. This makes me a bit worried that they had a reason for doing that, in that maybe some browsers do require the attribute to work. I don't have access to IE or Chrome here, so can't test for the moment. Hopefully people will bug report it if it happens.

r15872 works fine for me, just got a pixellated one, which used to not work.

Edit: Oh, I think I see why I'm not getting lazy right in Firefox. In ocrs.css there's this line:

.lazy { -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg); -moz-transform: blur(3px); -o-transform: blur(3px); -ms-transform: blur(3px); transform: blur(3px); margin-right: 50px }

It doesn't actually blur, because it's a filter property, not a transform property. I tried adding -moz-transform: rotate(90deg); to the div element (using inspect element), and that made it rotate like expected. So ... game bug for everything but webkit-based browsers.

Last edited:

Crowther

Cloned writing desks advances the quest by two instead of one. I just got the necklace and writingDesksDefeated is four.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hilarious monster:

You salad salad and cut it salad salad salad salad, doing 108 (+3) (+6) (+3) (+6) (+1) damage

Texas McCarty whips salad salad salad salad pimento, salad 18 salad.

Texas Salad runs salad circles around salad opponent, salad it up salad the salad salad leash and dealing 10 damage.

A bolt of lightning arcs salad your salad salad your opponent, dealing 12 damage. Zot!
results in:

Code:
509] Inside the Palindome
Encounter: Australian, filthy, hilarious, sleazy Evil Olive
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 1: Veracity attacks!
Round 2: Evil Olive takes 127 damage.
Round 2: Texas McCarty whips salad salad salad salad pimento, salad 18 salad.
Round 2: Texas Salad runs salad circles around salad opponent, salad it up salad the salad salad leash and dealing 10 damage.
Round 2: Evil Olive takes 10 damage.
Round 2: Evil Olive takes 12 damage.
We did not recognize "Texas McCarty whips salad salad salad salad pimento, salad 18 salad." as doing 18 damage.

Crowther

Yeah, I ran into issues with a hilarious monster as well. I ended up with a false new item in my mafia inventory when I gains some "salad" MP.

zarqon

Speaking of the $monster[] type, due to this path we now have, for the first time, "dummy" monster entries in $monsters[]. For the first time, there are now multiple $monsters for a given monster. Can those dummy entries be designated in some way so that we can ignore them while foreaching $monsters[]? Perhaps list "dummy" under $monster[].attributes? I ask primarily in the interest of factoid-tracking scripts, which have lots of work to do otherwise.