Improved Builds Page

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I've finally finished the improvements to the builds page and the svn log has made a return (finally got Jenkins to spit out the log to the server).

Check it out over at http://builds.kolmafia.us/

Still some improvements to come (mainly an RSS feed to hopefully make getting builds a bit easier)

zarqon

Schnazzy! Just noticed it because it broke the auto-updater I've been using for years. It's worth it though; I'm sure there will be updates with updated updaters soon.

adeyke

It looks very nice, but it's missing functionality the previous version had: it's no longer possible visually identify whether a particular build has already been downloaded. What I used to do is load that builds page each day, check the link color of the top build, and just skip the download if it was already marked "visited".

I know there are other ways of checking this (comparing the file name to that of the local version or checking the timestamps in the log), but those are less convenient to me.

Bale

Minion
There should be some CSS method to add an already downloaded indicator to files whose link was visited, isn't there? (Maybe just a dark overlay over the Download button to shade it out a bit.)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Bale: the problem is that the download links are buttons that execute some javascript to start the download, not proper links.

Adeyke: I would suggest using a daily downloader script (I updated Rinn's, if you're using Windows, which seems to work for other people).

adeyke

That's probably a good idea. If I'm going to always run the newest build, there's no need to do so manually. Thanks for the suggestion.