Bug - Fixed The Maximizer and the Navel Ring

Crowther

A clannie was bitching about the Navel Ring of Navel Gazing being selected because of its "Sporadic Item Drop" (and meat). I believe I can trust the wiki here and if it is right the actually item drop is 20*.85/4 = 4.25%. However, the ring is select instead of an item with 10% item drop when I do "maximize item". An ugly workaround is doing "maximize item drop, -.8 sporadic item drop". My clannie is planning to sell the ring as a workaround, which I consider stupid, so I figured I'd mention it here. Personally I'm too lazy to care about <6% item drop.

Bale

Minion
Rather than selling it, he could just put it in his closet.

I like your "-.8 sporadic item drop" workaround. I mostly use "-equip navel ring" which is less apt. This has bugged me for a while, but I wasn't sure what to say about it.

Darzil

Developer
The bug is that all the other sporadic item drop items normalise it based on chance, whereas Navel Ring doesn't. That is easily corrected.

I'm half tempted to give a preference to allow sporadic drops to be counted or not, but I think that probably adds needless complexity, particularly considering that I don't think there are any of these items currently available in current challenge paths.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think this falls in the same category as "spell damage" including "spell damage percent" in the maximizer, so a setting to exclude sporadic drops is too narrow of a solution.

Darzil

Developer
No, sporadic drops are specifically added to item drops, it isn't the same as spell damage.

However, I think the real issue here is the item drop rate being 20% rather than 4.25%, which is now fixed. The concern that you are a fraction of a % short of capping an item drop due to getting +4-12.5% from a sporadic drop rather than slighting less from a guaranteed drop is a bit niche, considering how rarely that'll be the best item.