Bug - Fixed Changes to skill acquisition broke learning rave skills (disco bandit nemesis)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
If my memory serves me correctly, learning these skills wasn't accompanied by the skill image. Maybe I'll file a KoL bug report because of inconsistency.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Sorry :/ I can probably attempt to ascend a multi as a DB, but I assumed it was just a fluke, as I didn't realize that was what happened until I started looking into why the disco combo helper was being weird.

Darzil

Developer
Will be trying Ed again tomorrow, so I can always just pick DB on Monday if no one sees it before then (if I remember).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Skills detected during fights are picked out via FightRequest's HTML tree parsing. I believe I removed the old skill detection when I added it to an entirely different place, since I figured KoL had a new paradigm for showing such skills. Apparently I was wrong: they ADDED a new method, rather than changing the existing one.

Seems like we could just add the old detection back in and let it be used as appropriate. I can do that, although I won't be able to test it for a while; I figure I might as well finish getting my Dinsey skills while I have well-trained mayflies. But I'll ascend into Standard DB after that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15727 does restores the old detection (and leaves the new detection). Untested.