Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread: OCD Inventory control

Bug: OCD does not seem to take items equipped to my familiars into account when deciding how many of a given fam equip I should keep. For example, I have the script configured to keep one tiny bindle in my inventory. Running OCD while I have one equipped to my monkey and another in my inventory does nothing, but after removing the bindle OCD mallsells one of them as expected.

Feature requests:
    Use option for degrassi knoll shopping list (script only tries to use it if user has a meatcar in inventory)
    Page reload for Items to Stock tab. Having to manually switch to a different tab and back again to add more items is a pain (currently the script leaves any items you've just added in the text boxes at the bottom after you click Save).
    Ability to closet items to 'keep'. Say I want to keep one of each chefstaff in my inventory and pulverize the rest. I very rarely want to use a chefstaff, so I'd quite like to put all the ones that I keep on-hand into my closet. Perhaps a checkbox next to each item for 'do you want to closet kept items?' (rather than a dropdown listing all possible actions) would be the neatest way to do this.
    Last edited by Banana Lord; 06-16-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Bug: OCD does not seem to take items equipped to my familiars into account when deciding how many of a given fam equip I should keep.
    Known issue, but more annoying to fix than I like. item_amount() does not count equipped familiar equipment.available_amount() does count it, but it may also (depending on settings) also count stuff in your closet or stash. Oh well, I guess I'll just do something annoying to fix it soon.

Use option for degrassi knoll shopping list (script only tries to use it if user has a meatcar in inventory)
    LoL! Are you sure that is best? If you use the shopping list it won't vanish unless you actually have a meatcar in inventory. It won't vanish if you are using the desert bus pass.

Page reload for Items to Stock tab.
    Agreed. Someone once posted a nice bit of javacode to reload the page, but I do not recall it. Could someone please post it again?

Ability to closet items to 'keep'.
    This is low on my list. I might or might not do this. Sorry.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

LoL! Are you sure that is best? If you use the shopping list it won't vanish unless you actually have a meatcar in inventory. It won't vanish if you are using the desert bus pass.
    Sure, like I said, as long as the script checks to make sure the user has a meatcar in their inventory why not? You opened a can of worms with this whole "cater to OCD personalities" thing

This is low on my list. I might or might not do this. Sorry.
    No problem, if it happens I'll be happy, and if it doesn't I won't be heartbroken.
    Last edited by Banana Lord; 06-16-2011 at 01:34 PM.

:Sure, like I said, as long as the script checks to make sure the user has a meatcar in their inventory why not? You opened a can of worms with this whole "cater to OCD personalities" thing
    Originally Posted by Banana Lord View Post
    Currently, it only has the option if the user actually has a meatcar, yes? If it actually does use it post-change regardless of whether or not they have a meatcar, you're increasing server hits at that point...

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you. What do you mean it currently has the option? The script doesn't currently support any quest items full stop. I can't say I know much about how mafia works internally, but doesn't it cache the user's inventory? In which case how does checking for the presence of the meatcar increase server hits?

If you give the option to use the item, then if the user doesn't have a meatcar, it will use the item every time OCD is run, failing to throw it away each time.

When I feel OCD about the list, I run zarqon's hardcore checklist, which also autocompletes various map quests as well as throwing the list away if it can be...

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you. What do you mean it currently has the option? The script doesn't currently support any quest items full stop.
    Originally Posted by Banana Lord View Post
    Wrong. It supports a number of quest items:

These can be made into pies:
    case $item[Boris's key]:
    case $item[Jarlsberg's key]:
    case $item[Richard's star key]:
    case $item[Sneaky Pete's key]:
    case $item[digital key]:

These will be used. The script even has logic to make sure they're used correctly:
    case $item[the Slug Lord's map]:
    case $item[Dr. Hobo's map]:
    case $item[Dolphin King's map]:

If you give the option to use the item, then if the user doesn't have a meatcar, it will use the item every time OCD is run, failing to throw it away each time.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    Actually, the script could have logic to check for the presence of a meatcar and only use the item if the meatcar is present, wasting no server hits. This is as valid as using Dr. Hobo's map which I already support.
    Last edited by Bale; 06-16-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Ah, from the "doesn't support quest items" that BL said I was thinking this was going to be just "use this every time there's the chance" request as opposed to actually putting item usage intelligence behind it.

I should have known that such a broad statement would bite me. Of course OCD supports quest items >_<

@Theraze: You probably missed it, but I quote myself: "script only tries to use [the shopping list] if user has a meatcar in inventory".

OCD Inventory Control Updated!
    Relay OCD db Manager Updated!

• Counts familiar items in your terrarium
    • Allows use of Degrassi Knoll shopping list
    • Fixes use of 31337 scrolls
    • Some other minor bugfix I forgot about
    Last edited by Bale; 06-17-2011 at 07:02 AM.