Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1493

Thread: OCD Inventory control

I'd prefer it if you didn't entirely replace the price. I'd like to be able to tell whether min-priced means it sells for 100 meat or more.

Still i can't think of a good suggestion for an indicator. Most would require the user to know in advance what the indicator means.
    Originally Posted by theo1001 View Post
    min with the price as hovertext?

Perhaps I could put the price in parenthesis if it is mall minimum? Maybe replace the price with the letters "min" for minimum?
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    i definitely want a numeric value. i care much more about 5 items at 400 than 5 items at min. and i do care when using ocd and deciding what to do. sometimes stuff sells at mall minimum but my anecdotal data suggests the numeric value of the minimum effects that.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

I'd prefer it if you didn't entirely replace the price. I'd like to be able to tell whether min-priced means it sells for 100 meat or more.

Still i can't think of a good suggestion for an indicator. Most would require the user to know in advance what the indicator means.

Assuming i understand the problem this is trying to solve, would having "autosell min-priced items that are set to mallsell" either as a global setting or a per-item setting work?
    the learning curve for ocd is steep enough that introducing an indicator does not make it any steeper. imo. ymmv.

when i scripted a process that looked at items in your store that were priced at mall minimum and then changed an ocd entry (if it existed and was already set to mallsell) to auto i was told it was not a good idea. some folks were too ocd to allow a script to make that decision and just about everyone else had some anecdote about a min priced item that was selling like hotcakes and how the item that sold last week was not the same as this week's item...

so i think a global setting would be not worth the effort to implement. a per item setting would not hurt anything but i certainly would not use it. perhaps a new what to do keyword minsell which calculates a mall price and if it is the mall minimum autosells, otherwise mallsells?
    I agree with frono.

the learning curve for ocd is steep enough that introducing an indicator does not make it any steeper. imo. ymmv.

when i scripted a process that looked at items in your store that were priced at mall minimum and then changed an ocd entry (if it existed and was already set to mallsell) to auto i was told it was not a good idea. some folks were too ocd to allow a script to make that decision and just about everyone else had some anecdote about a min priced item that was selling like hotcakes and how the item that sold last week was not the same as this week's item...

so i think a global setting would be not worth the effort to implement. a per item setting would not hurt anything but i certainly would not use it. perhaps a new what to do keyword minsell which calculates a mall price and if it is the mall minimum autosells, otherwise mallsells?
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    That's what i meant. That would be the per-item version.

That's what i meant. That would be the per-item version.
    I probably confused things a bit when I conflated the visual display of the min status with an action based on that status. When dealing with an un-categorized item I still want to know whether OCD's proposed price is the mall minimum before I decide whether to autosell, minsell or mallsell.
    I agree with frono.

Okay, I think I know what I want to do. Might be nice if I stacked up the letters m-i-n with m on the top and n on the bottom so you can read "min" vertically and placed that to the right of the price. I'll just have to figure out the css to make that happen. If anyone wants to provide the css for that so that I can just plug it in, I would be pleased not to have to figure it out myself. Is there css for vertical words? If so then hopefully I'll just have to add float:right to make it work or if that doesn't work right I'll add another stupid table inside the table.

It'll be a few days until I get around to it.

You mean like
    Code:
    <span>m<br>i<br>n</span>
    ?

That looks like it should do the job. I've also spotted the following option (though I haven't played with it yet to see if it actually works well)

Code:
    <span style="float:right; transform: rotate(90deg); transform-origin: left right 0;">min</span>
    I believe that will turn the letters 90 degrees which might be better or worse than the other option. Opinions are welcome.

From what I found while trying to look it up online, rotating it would give you something like:
    -
    z
    or
    s
    -
    E
    if you used capital letters. That could be more confusing than just a vertical "min"

Did we ever decide how to mark things that are in the mall for mall minimum?

Or adding a tab for "things on hand"?