Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150
Results 1,491 to 1,495 of 1495

Thread: OCD Inventory control

The logic is that you are preparing for a future ascension, so you want to make sure you have those items when you jump through the gash. That isn't nearly as important now that you can buy things from the mall and then pull them mid-run, but there was a time before you started playing when that wasn't possible.

So, the entire "items to stock" feature was made to do something you aren't interested in, and therefore you should probably not use it.

There was also a use case where people preferred to stock/sell an item in the Mall rather than use it themselves. This was generally motivated by non-optimal considerations - it was a self generated goal to have an item in the mall for less than market price to "help noobs" or harvest names of active players, for example.

But that does not seem as important or interesting now as it once did so not using the feature seems like the best thing to do with a script approaching it's tenth birthday and an author who seems to have moved on from KoL.

The logic is that you are preparing for a future ascension, so you want to make sure you have those items when you jump through the gash. That isn't nearly as important now that you can buy things from the mall and then pull them mid-run, but there was a time before you started playing when that wasn't possible.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    There was also a use case where people preferred to stock/sell an item in the Mall rather than use it themselves. This was generally motivated by non-optimal considerations - it was a self generated goal to have an item in the mall for less than market price to "help noobs" or harvest names of active players, for example.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    Thank you, this is quite interesting to learn.

So, the entire "items to stock" feature was made to do something you aren't interested in, and therefore you should probably not use it.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Thank you, but now that I disabled those 2 lines I noted there, it seems to be working perfectly for the way I am trying to use it (quest / combat item restocker to be ran on prism breaking). I guess I could switch to a combo CLI command that goes something like:
    Code:
    acquire 3 sea cowbells; acquire 10 sea lassos; acquire 30 new age hurting crystals; acquire 30 new age healing crystal
    etc. since acquire only mallbuys if you have less than the number given and only buys up to that target number.
    but I find the GUI on this quite convenient. Maybe if more problems crop up.
    Last edited by taltamir; 12-12-2018 at 10:43 AM.

It’d be cool if there was an option to supply custom actions. For example, a “CLI” option that runs a supplied command (or an actual ASH function if that is possible). That would allow users to specify unusual ways to handle certain items, like trading furs to the Trapper.

I’d implement that myself, but I am extremely hesitant to make changes that affect the stored map of a script that might get updated at any point. That seems like a good way to screw up the file.

I have made other changes to the script, by the way. For instance, I have OCD Inventory Control avoid pulverizing any wad-yielding items myself if I don’t have the drill press active.
    Last edited by Saklad5; 04-10-2019 at 06:51 PM.

potion of temporary gr8tness has at some point lost the t after the 8. This broke some things in mafia, mafia just now corrected it, but this breaks any script that explicitly has mention of it such as OCD.

Here is a fixed version. It also includes my other fixes which are:
    1. don't popup a question asking if I am sure I want to run OCD with some items being uncategorized. Uncategorized items will just be ignored, while categorized items will be handled as per your decisions
    2. if you set items to auto acquire via OCD, it will not auto closet them. Instead it will keep them in your main inventory where they can be used. (auto closetting was done due to a long obsolete fiddly thing about ascending, and in closet they cannot be used)
    3. shortened name from "OCD Inventory Control.ash" to "OCDInv.ash". Easier to handle in other scripts and to call from CLI without the spaces and a shorter name.
    4. fixed potion of temporary gr8tness => gr8ness thing

Possibly something else I forgot.

Download: OCDInv 2019-08-13.zip

Install instructions:
    1. Uninstall OCD Inventory Control
    2. Extract zip file into your mafia directory. It will place 1 file in scripts folder, 1 file in relay folder, 3 files in data folder.

all your existing settings and db will remain as is.
    Last edited by taltamir; 08-13-2019 at 05:23 PM.