OCD Inventory control

I'd prefer it if you didn't entirely replace the price. I'd like to be able to tell whether min-priced means it sells for 100 meat or more.

Still i can't think of a good suggestion for an indicator. Most would require the user to know in advance what the indicator means.

min with the price as hovertext?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps I could put the price in parenthesis if it is mall minimum? Maybe replace the price with the letters "min" for minimum?

i definitely want a numeric value. i care much more about 5 items at 400 than 5 items at min. and i do care when using ocd and deciding what to do. sometimes stuff sells at mall minimum but my anecdotal data suggests the numeric value of the minimum effects that.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'd prefer it if you didn't entirely replace the price. I'd like to be able to tell whether min-priced means it sells for 100 meat or more.

Still i can't think of a good suggestion for an indicator. Most would require the user to know in advance what the indicator means.

Assuming i understand the problem this is trying to solve, would having "autosell min-priced items that are set to mallsell" either as a global setting or a per-item setting work?

the learning curve for ocd is steep enough that introducing an indicator does not make it any steeper. imo. ymmv.

when i scripted a process that looked at items in your store that were priced at mall minimum and then changed an ocd entry (if it existed and was already set to mallsell) to auto i was told it was not a good idea. some folks were too ocd to allow a script to make that decision and just about everyone else had some anecdote about a min priced item that was selling like hotcakes and how the item that sold last week was not the same as this week's item...

so i think a global setting would be not worth the effort to implement. a per item setting would not hurt anything but i certainly would not use it. perhaps a new what to do keyword minsell which calculates a mall price and if it is the mall minimum autosells, otherwise mallsells?

theo1001

the learning curve for ocd is steep enough that introducing an indicator does not make it any steeper. imo. ymmv.

when i scripted a process that looked at items in your store that were priced at mall minimum and then changed an ocd entry (if it existed and was already set to mallsell) to auto i was told it was not a good idea. some folks were too ocd to allow a script to make that decision and just about everyone else had some anecdote about a min priced item that was selling like hotcakes and how the item that sold last week was not the same as this week's item...

so i think a global setting would be not worth the effort to implement. a per item setting would not hurt anything but i certainly would not use it. perhaps a new what to do keyword minsell which calculates a mall price and if it is the mall minimum autosells, otherwise mallsells?

That's what i meant. That would be the per-item version.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
That's what i meant. That would be the per-item version.

I probably confused things a bit when I conflated the visual display of the min status with an action based on that status. When dealing with an un-categorized item I still want to know whether OCD's proposed price is the mall minimum before I decide whether to autosell, minsell or mallsell.

Bale

Minion
Okay, I think I know what I want to do. Might be nice if I stacked up the letters m-i-n with m on the top and n on the bottom so you can read "min" vertically and placed that to the right of the price. I'll just have to figure out the css to make that happen. If anyone wants to provide the css for that so that I can just plug it in, I would be pleased not to have to figure it out myself. Is there css for vertical words? If so then hopefully I'll just have to add float:right to make it work or if that doesn't work right I'll add another stupid table inside the table.

It'll be a few days until I get around to it.

Bale

Minion
That looks like it should do the job. I've also spotted the following option (though I haven't played with it yet to see if it actually works well)

Code:
<span style="float:right; transform: rotate(90deg); transform-origin: left right 0;">min</span>

I believe that will turn the letters 90 degrees which might be better or worse than the other option. Opinions are welcome.

Lxndr

Did we ever decide how to mark things that are in the mall for mall minimum?

Or adding a tab for "things on hand"?

Lxndr

Understood. I hoped bumping it up might serve as a useful reminder. Thanks for the script, and for all that you do.

Also, it looks like your second 'very' is at mall minimum. Might as well autosell it.

Bale

Minion
I added an indicator. The <span>m<br>i<br>n</span> option looked kinda awkward when I tried it out so I went with the slightly less awkward looking option of transform:rotate.

This is not necessarily the end of the conversation. You'll find the relevant html/css at line 417:

Code:
void append_price(buffer page, item doodad) {
	if(historical_price(doodad) > 0) {
		page.append(to_string(historical_price(doodad), ,"%,d"));
		if(historical_price(doodad) == max(autosell_price(doodad) * 2, 100))
			page.append('[B][COLOR="blue"]<span style="float:right; transform:rotate(90deg); margin:4px -4px 0 -4px; font-size:10px; color:blue;">min</span>[/COLOR][/B]');
			# page.append('<span style="float:right; font-size:10px;">m<br>i<br>n</span>');
	}
}

If anyone else has an idea for what they want there, feel free to try it out in place of the bold blue text and report your success here so I can try it myself.

VladYvhuce

I added an indicator. The <span>m<br>i<br>n</span> option looked kinda awkward when I tried it out so I went with the slightly less awkward looking option of transform:rotate.

This is not necessarily the end of the conversation. You'll find the relevant html/css at line 417:

Code:
void append_price(buffer page, item doodad) {
	if(historical_price(doodad) > 0) {
		page.append(to_string(historical_price(doodad), ,"%,d"));
		if(historical_price(doodad) == max(autosell_price(doodad) * 2, 100))
			page.append('[B][COLOR="blue"]<span style="float:right; transform:rotate(90deg); margin:4px -4px 0 -4px; font-size:10px; color:blue;">min</span>[/COLOR][/B]');
			# page.append('<span style="float:right; font-size:10px;">m<br>i<br>n</span>');
	}
}

If anyone else has an idea for what they want there, feel free to try it out in place of the bold blue text and report your success here so I can try it myself.
Blue "min" sideways on my computer looks like a few blue squiggles. Switched to black text and replaced "min" with various symbols before settleing on "$=$". My other alternative was "-=-" which prints out a sideways hat. Runner up is just "=".

Lxndr

I honestly like it as is. But it seems to miss a few items that it checks off of npc stores. (like spray paint, springs, and sprockets).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The vertical blue "min" is virtually unreadable on my laptop at my usual resolution. However it can be seen and serves the purpose of indicating that the proposed price is the mall min, so I will thank you for the marker and go paint a bike shed rather than argue anymore about what the marker should be.

Thank you.

Lxndr

The vertical blue "min" is virtually unreadable on my laptop at my usual resolution. However it can be seen and serves the purpose of indicating that the proposed price is the mall min, so I will thank you for the marker and go paint a bike shed rather than argue anymore about what the marker should be.

Thank you.

This. Yes. Thank you! (And sorry for the nit-pick about npc stores. I'm a little OCD.)

VladYvhuce

Code:
Checking for working copy modifications...
C C:\KOL Mafia\svn\bale-ocd\relay\relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Note: conflict must be resolved manually.[/COLOR]
Doesn't tell me what the conflict is. How do I manually resolve such conflicts?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Code:
Checking for working copy modifications...
C C:\KOL Mafia\svn\bale-ocd\relay\relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Note: conflict must be resolved manually.[/COLOR]
Doesn't tell me what the conflict is. How do I manually resolve such conflicts?

Geek speak.

It thinks you have edited relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash on your machine. It tried do do a merge operation reconciling your changes with the new file from the repository and it gave up - probably because you edited a line that changed.

If you didn't make a local edit or don't need it anymore then the easiest thing to do is use the Script Manager to uninstall and then reinstall.

You probably want to do that anyway to "resolve" the conflict and then, if you want the local edit, make it again.