Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149
Results 1,481 to 1,489 of 1489

Thread: OCD Inventory control

I got problems with OCD.
    It forgets about options I did before and even worse, it seems to mix the options I have for different characters.

Any ideas for solutions?
    Originally Posted by Timbatim View Post
    After not ascending for a while during crimbo, it stopped behaving like that. I stopped using multiple instances of mafia simultaniously and loaded the ocd configurations a few times before letting it handle the items.

After not ascending for a while during crimbo, it stopped behaving like that. I stopped using multiple instances of mafia simultaniously and loaded the ocd configurations a few times before letting it handle the items.
    Originally Posted by Timbatim View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say your issue is not due to crimbo, but that this script was not designed to handle someone running multiple instances of mafia simultaneously. The reason it forgets / mixes up options between difference characters is obviously because when you save changes in one character it overwrites the file where this script stores its data, without regard to the fact that a difference version of this file is opened (read: in the RAM) of another instance. which in turn overwrites said file again.

In order to have multiple programs/instances access the same specific file at the same time requires you to implement a database model of data access rather than a simple text
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database

Although it might be possible to use different files for different accounts and only have OCD load the files specifically matching the account name in question. That way so long as your multiple mafia instances are for different accounts it should work.
    Last edited by taltamir; 01-03-2018 at 06:24 PM.

If I had to guess, I would say your issue is not due to crimbo, but that this script was not designed to handle someone running multiple instances of mafia simultaneously. The reason it forgets / mixes up options between difference characters is obviously because when you save changes in one character it overwrites the file where this script stores its data, without regard to the fact that a difference version of this file is opened (read: in the RAM) of another instance. which in turn overwrites said file again.

In order to have multiple programs/instances access the same specific file at the same time requires you to implement a database model of data access rather than a simple text
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database

Although it might be possible to use different files for different accounts and only have OCD load the files specifically matching the account name in question. That way so long as your multiple mafia instances are for different accounts it should work.
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post

Ummm... Your last comments describe how OCD does work. Specifically, for the files that it writes, the file names are different for each character.

If a script reads and writes to the same file for all characters then yes, it is possible that the script would end up with files that mix and match data.

KoLmafia has had problems in the past where information from one session/character would "bleed" over to another. If that is happening here then it is a legitimate bug and worth trying to investigate to the point of repeat-ability so it can be fixed.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

Ummm... Your last comments describe how OCD does work. Specifically, for the files that it writes, the file names are different for each character.

If a script reads and writes to the same file for all characters then yes, it is possible that the script would end up with files that mix and match data.

KoLmafia has had problems in the past where information from one session/character would "bleed" over to another. If that is happening here then it is a legitimate bug and worth trying to investigate to the point of repeat-ability so it can be fixed.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    thanks for clarifying.
    Maybe he is using multiple instances for the same account?

Ok, this is somewhat odd. Changes to "display" only take effect after I restart mafia. while chinese to mall, autosell, or keep take effect as soon as I hit the save button

Ok, this is somewhat odd. Changes to "display" only take effect after I restart mafia. while chinese to mall, autosell, or keep take effect as soon as I hit the save button
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    That has never been my experience, including yesterday.

Perhaps of interest. For all my characters, I open up the relay browser, select the OCD script and it loads. It reports items as uncharacterized which I know are characterized. I immediately reload the script and the uncharacterized report is then correct. I have found that Weird Things Happen if I do not reload the second time, but if I do reload then everything behaves as expected. I have always suspected some kind of timing issue with my browser - perhaps it starts displaying before it has read the data file completely? - but reloading has always been easier than actually trying to track the cause down.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.

Just now OCD decided to go crazy and sent all my yesterday stuff to "true" user.

Log is full of lines like

> send to mallmulti true: 1 "KICK ME" sign, 30 Angry Farmer candy, 1 Aye Aye, Tooth Tooth, 184 bag of W&Ws, 13 ball, 7 blue mana, 176 box of Dweebs, 5 breakfast mess, 5 breath mint, 12 buckyball, 2 can of sardines
    > Sale price for this line: 0
    What did I do wrong? What is the solution? Will I ever see my items again? (last question is rhetoric, of course).
    Hmm, taking into account that "true" was created in 2010 and never visited since then, it's even more rhetoric than I thought. :|
    Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 01-09-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Developer

Just an fyi, I had issues where the ocd script was getting confused between my main and multi characters, I resolved them by putting the following in my login script:

Code:
    cli_execute("zlib BaleOCD_DataFile = " + my_name());
    cli_execute("zlib BaleOCD_StockFile = " + my_name());
    I never had a chance to look into the root issue since this fixed it.

Just now OCD decided to go crazy and sent all my yesterday stuff to "true" user.

Log is full of lines like

What did I do wrong? What is the solution? Will I ever see my items again? (last question is rhetoric, of course).
    Hmm, taking into account that "true" was created in 2010 and never visited since then, it's even more rhetoric than I thought. :|
    Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
    What are your OCD vars set to (run zlib BaleOCD_ in the cli to list them all), something might have gotten mixed up between BaleOCD_MallMulti & BaleOCD_UseMallMulti
    Last edited by Rinn; 01-12-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    Better Basement Automation - Version 1.??? Someone else is maintaining this
    Get an effect from a buffbot
    - Version 1.4

What are your OCD vars set to (run zlib BaleOCD_ in the cli to list them all), something might have gotten mixed up between BaleOCD_MallMulti & BaleOCD_UseMallMulti
    Originally Posted by Rinn View Post
    Thank you, Rinn. I will check your way of fix.