Bug - Won't Fix Each food-item listed several times in the item manager

ereinion

Each food-item available for consumption is listed several times in the item manager:

In the image provided there were 15x three-tiered wedding cake, 47x hell ramen, 48x fettuccini inconnu, etc. No debug log or error message, as far as I can tell. Restarting mafia seems to have removed the issue. Booze and spleen was not listed several times.

Using Mafia r15509 and Java 1.8.0_31 on a Windows 7 computer.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I see something like this every couple of months. I assume that the swing task is looking at the list of consumables while it is being sorted, or something. Closing the Item Manager frame and reopening it fixes it. Since you obviously have the Item Manager as a tab, rather than a standalone window, I guess that's not so easy for you, which is why you restart the program.

I am also quite sure that this is not a due to a recent change in the code, anywhere.

Thanks for the report, but I don't expect to go digging around in LockableListModel any time soon looking for race conditions; I had enough of that a few years ago.

ereinion

Thanks for the response at any rate, and sorry for not responding sooner, I must have missed your reply.