Page 138 of 239 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2381

Thread: Universal Recovery Script

Yes, that is the case. I didn't have my mp depleted at all, so of course it heals me using the consumables...

For some reason it's trying to buy a six pack of new cloaca cola to restore my MP. Since they're apparently going for 35K mafia can't buy it and it's looping instead of trying to buy something cheaper.

For some reason it's trying to buy a six pack of new cloaca cola to restore my MP. Since they're apparently going for 35K mafia can't buy it and it's looping instead of trying to buy something cheaper.
    Originally Posted by redwulf25_ci View Post
    Strange. I'd be acquiring those with buy() which ignores autoBuyPriceLimit, but the final parameter restricts the price to 125% of what I was expecting, so if the purchase fails, it will be automatically be repriced correctly.

That should prevent the loop. Could you turn up the verbosity with

Code:
    set baleUr_Verbosity = 2
    That way if the problem repeats I'd be able to see where the bug might be.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Strange. I'd be acquiring those with buy() which ignores autoBuyPriceLimit, but the final parameter restricts the price to 125% of what I was expecting, so if the purchase fails, it will be automatically be repriced correctly.

That should prevent the loop. Could you turn up the verbosity with

Code:
    set baleUr_Verbosity = 2
    That way if the problem repeats I'd be able to see where the bug might be.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    With verbosity at 2:

Code:
    Restoring MP! Currently at 752 of 752 HP, 217 of 445 MP, current meat: 278805 ... Target MP = 445.
    In mallmode, best MP restorative is: New Cloaca-Cola @ 1.52 meat total.
    Trying to use 1 New Cloaca-Cola
    Refreshing stash contents...
    Stash list retrieved.
    Searching for "six-pack of new cloaca-cola"...
    Search complete.
    Stopped purchasing six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola @ 35,000.
    Using cached search results for six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola...
    Stopped purchasing six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola @ 35,000.
    You need 1 more six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola to continue.
    Failed to use an item from the mall.
    Current HP: 752, MP: 217
    In mallmode, best MP restorative is: New Cloaca-Cola @ 1.52 meat total.
    And it keeps looping until I hit escape.

Edit: And I just manually purchased the six pack and tried to restore my MP again to see what it would do. It consumed all six even though it should have needed three at most (and even that would have been overkill).

Code:
    Restoring MP! Currently at 752 of 752 HP, 217 of 445 MP, current meat: 243805 ... Target MP = 445.
    In mallmode, best MP restorative is: six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola @ 0.25333333 meat total.
    _meatpermp => 0.0011111111
    Trying to use 1 six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola
    Using 1 six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola...
    You acquire New Cloaca-Cola (6)
    Finished using 1 six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola.
    Using 6 New Cloaca-Cola...
    You gain 921 Muscularity Points
    Finished using 6 New Cloaca-Cola.
    Current HP: 752, MP: 445
    Closeted all but 5000 meat, we'll see if it's a bit more frugal when I don't have a huge wad on hand.
    Last edited by redwulf25_ci; 06-02-2011 at 11:12 PM.

I think I may have found a clue to the problem, if you can answer yes to the following question. Do you have mafia set to take items from the clan stash whenever needed and do you hop clans from time-to-time?

The second bug, when you bought a six-pack was an entirely different different bug that I need to fix, but it has nothing at all to do with the first problem. Curiously you found two issues.
    Last edited by Bale; 06-02-2011 at 11:49 PM.

I think I may have found a clue to the problem, if you can answer yes to the following question. Do you have mafia set to take items from the clan stash whenever needed and do you hop clans from time-to-time?

The second bug, when you bought a six-pack was an entirely different different bug that I need to fix, but it has nothing at all to do with the first problem. Curiously you found two issues.
    I have it set pull from stash currently, but I don't think I've clan hopped in months. I also just noticed it deciding to use 23 tiny houses instead of using a scroll of drastic healing. That may be related to it drinking an entire six pack though. I'll shut off pull from stash for now and see if anything changes.

What karma privileges do you have for clan stash? Do you have six packs in the stash and could you have gotten it?

I also just noticed it deciding to use 23 tiny houses instead of using a scroll of drastic healing. That may be related to it drinking an entire six pack though. I'll shut off pull from stash for now and see if anything changes.
    That would not be related. It is also very odd, so I'd like to see the verbose CLI of anything like that.

I'm attaching a version of my script that deals with the over-use of new coke, but not any other problem.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the updated script. I'm exempt from karma requirements in my clan, but there was no new cloaca-cola in the stash for it to get. Unfortunately the part where it over used the houses scrolled off the top of my CLI, but I noticed it stopped over using them when I manually purchased some scrolls of drastic healing. It is however still purchasing them in groups of 23.

Unfortunately the part where it over used the houses scrolled off the top of my CLI, but I noticed it stopped over using them when I manually purchased some scrolls of drastic healing. It is however still purchasing them in groups of 23.
    Oh. Purchased them in groups of 23. Not used them. That's not a bug, that's a KoLmafia feature that my script cannot avoid. Frequently purchased (and inexpensive) items like tiny houses, SGEEAs or antidotes will always be purchased with a minimum quantity of 23 to reduce hits. That isn't my script's fault and I approve of that feature, so I wouldn't want to stop it even if I could.

Now for a question: Do you have my script set to "Prefer using inventory instead of mall, regardless of value". in the CLI type
    Code:
    > get baleUr_UseInventoryInMallmode
    That could explain why it might like to use 23 tiny houses at once... Ouch. It wouldn't be a bug though, that'd be operating perfectly though it would be a good reason for me to remove that "feature".

Oh. Purchased them in groups of 23. Not used them. That's not a bug, that's a KoLmafia feature that my script cannot avoid. Frequently purchased (and inexpensive) items like tiny houses, SGEEAs or antidotes will always be purchased with a minimum quantity of 23 to reduce hits. That isn't my script's fault and I approve of that feature, so I wouldn't want to stop it even if I could.
    Sorry for the confusion. Prior to me buying scrolls of drastic healing manually it did use 23 houses in one go.

Now for a question: Do you have my script set to "Prefer using inventory instead of mall, regardless of value". in the CLI type
    Code:
    > get baleUr_UseInventoryInMallmode
    That could explain why it might like to use 23 tiny houses at once... Ouch. It wouldn't be a bug though, that'd be operating perfectly though it would be a good reason for me to remove that "feature".
    Yes I did. I think I was misreading it as similar to the eatdrink.ash option that tells that script to go ahead and eat/drink/spleen expensive items that are sitting in your inventory even if it wouldn't consider buying them (I like to choose that option so I actually use items purchased in AR's). I've deselected that and hopefully won't have any more trouble with it preferring about 5000 meat of houses to about 800 meat of scrolls.