Universal Recovery Script

Bale

Minion
Insufficient meat to fully restore MP without wasting restoratives!
Could you please give me a clue what you are doing when you get that error message.

Edit: Did you disable Fizzy Invigorating Tonic in preferences? It will never purchase soda water because it is ALWAYS cheaper to get the tonic, even if you did not complete Doc Galaktik's quest. (Soda water is a complete waste of meat!) If you disabled the tonic, then I can see why you might have gotten this (misleading) error message.

In the next release I'll make the error message more clear when you've got meat, but cannot spend it on restoratives because you've disabled them in preferences.

Last edited:

martialis

Insufficient meat to fully restore MP without wasting restoratives!

I'm getting this all the time and I have 20K+ meat. It could just buy soda water (which is what I do).

I'm getting the same thing. I'm an AT with access to seltzer and mmj and a couple of hundred magic points, but it ignores them.

kain

I'm finding that the script will often restore my HP (with cocoon, or whatever) and then want to restore MP so it runs off and buys 10 magi wipes and restores 500 HP/MP.

Not really a huge problem for me, just a little sub-optimal :) The convenience of the script is well worth it.

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.9 released!

Changelog:
version 2.9 June 3, 2009
  • Uses a free pull to get the VIP Lounge Key from Hangks for you.
  • Fixes mmj use for Accordion Thieves
  • Will allow you to designate characters using up stock of MMJ in aftercore, even if you cannot purchase more.
Note that pulling the VIP Lounge Key for you will require you use build 7340 or higher, since that required a fix to mafia.

If your character has a stock of MMJ and wants to use it, even though they are currently incapable of purchasing it, you need to add your character's name (in lowercase) in a variable at the beginning of the script.

I'm finding that the script will often restore my HP (with cocoon, or whatever) and then want to restore MP so it runs off and buys 10 magi wipes and restores 500 HP/MP.

Not really a huge problem for me, just a little sub-optimal :) The convenience of the script is well worth it.
Fixing that would be.... huge. It's just that the cheapest item for restoring MP also gives you all that free HP healing, but I'm not sure if I should go through all the trouble of figuring out in advance the result when mafia tries to restore MP after restoring HP... Those are two separate calls to the script. And it was optimal to waste all that HP restoration for the cheapest MP restoration... the question is if Cocoon would still have been optimal even if it was restoring 500 fewer HP. I suspect it might have been.

Last edited:

martialis

ok, there it goes. it wasn't you, it was mafia. there was a serious problem with your script, and it wasn't mmj use, but it's fixed now

scratch that, it's still screwy. it's still trying to buy tonic and erring when it's not allowed to. it shouldn't be trying to buy it at all.
this is a recent bug. do you have an old version to compare? I want v2.7 back :(

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
scratch that, it's still screwy. it's still trying to buy tonic and erring when it's not allowed to. it shouldn't be trying to buy it at all.
this is a recent bug. do you have an old version to compare? I want v2.7 back :(
I'm puzzled. Why can it not buy tonic water? Why is it trying to purchase tonic water? Am I misunderstanding you?

Sadly I did not archive v2.7, Sorry. Maybe someone else here can post it for you?

kain

Martailis ... are you using the most recent daily? Maybe something wonky is translating over to tonics?

Bale

Minion
Oh, right. I forgot about that for a moment. KoL just broke mafia's item recognition yesterday and you'll need the new build or a LOT of thing won't work properly

jokermage

How often does the recovery script map need to be updated? It looks like its been the same file for several weeks. Is the data in it that consistent?

Bale

Minion
How often does the recovery script map need to be updated? It looks like its been the same file for several weeks. Is the data in it that consistent?
Yes, the data is that consistent. It has been a while since a new recovery item was added to the game. If you can find a recovery item that isn't in the data file, please tell me and I'll add it.

There might be a new recovery item with the sandworm. I haven't fully checked that yet. The last new recovery item I added was the high-pressure seltzer bottle dropped by clownfish.

kain

I'm having trouble getting the script to ignore cotton candy bales (the only ones left available to ME are priced at 9999999999) and instead use the thousands of MMJs I just bought.

My pref looks like so;
string use_mmj_stock = "kain; char2; char3";

Bale

Minion
That is because of some odd pricing issues in the mall interacting with a bug in mafia. I'm in aftercore and noticed it myself. I brought up the bug and Jason has already fixed it.

Go download the latest build of KoL mafia for the fix. (build 7365)

Lendac

So far, the script has always worked wonderfully for me - thanks again for that great effort. (I think I've thanked you a couple pages back already ;))

Anyhow, I haven't played for a couple of days, and now I get this whenever I try to recover MP (script 2.9, mafia 13.3):

---

Restoring MP! Currently at 150 of 150 HP, 35 of 297 MP... Target MP = 283.
Using 10 magical mystery juice...
Finished using 10 magical mystery juice.

[repeats 10 more times]

Purchasing magical mystery juice (10 @ 100)...
You acquire magical mystery juice (10)
Purchases complete.
Cannot fully restore MP because fizzy invigorating tonic is disabled!

---

No MMJ are actually used, no MP are getting restored. I have no idea what is going on ;)

asturia

Minion
See here for a solution:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2052

So far, the script has always worked wonderfully for me - thanks again for that great effort. (I think I've thanked you a couple pages back already ;))

Anyhow, I haven't played for a couple of days, and now I get this whenever I try to recover MP (script 2.9, mafia 13.3):

---

Restoring MP! Currently at 150 of 150 HP, 35 of 297 MP... Target MP = 283.

[repeats 10 more times]

Purchasing magical mystery juice (10 @ 100)...
You acquire magical mystery juice (10)
Purchases complete.
Cannot fully restore MP because fizzy invigorating tonic is disabled!

---

No MMJ are actually used, no MP are getting restored. I have no idea what is going on ;)

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.91 released!

Changelog:
version 2.91 June 10, 2009
  • Price protection.

Sadly there is a bug that can cause you to purchase restoratives at a higher price than expected in mallcore. This fix will protect you from that, as well as problems with any other weird pricing issues.

This upgrade is HIGHLY recommended!

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.92 released!

Changelog:
version 2.92 June 10, 2009
  • More improvements to price protection and dynamic repricing

Figured out how to make it a little better. So I did.

Last edited: