Universal Recovery Script

zarqon

I'm not like zarqon who writes scripts because he enjoys it as a comedic medium.

Though it does make me happy to know that my comment made someone else's day a little more amusing.

Welcome to the comical side, young padawan.

Very excited to see 1Up when it makes its first appearance. I hope you'll remember to have it set _meatper properties -- and probably even more accurately since it could conceivably average the entire "queue" of operations rather than just evaluating a single action.

Bale

Minion
I hope you'll remember to have it set _meatper properties

Oh! Heck! I knew I was forgetting something... I'll add that in.

and probably even more accurately since it could conceivably average the entire "queue" of operations rather than just evaluating a single action.

That is an interesting idea. Probably best only to check the topmost option in mallcore since there's an infinite amount of it. Maybe check top 5 options in hardcore (and factor in quantity) since I don't want to bother with everything.

zarqon

Probably best only to check the topmost option in mallcore since there's an infinite amount of it. Maybe check top 5 options in hardcore (and factor in quantity) since I don't want to bother with everything.

There are certain cases when Cocoon is probably cheaper than anything in the mall. Perhaps edge cases, but still cases.

Theraze

Also, mall price limits. Such as the one guy who prices the magi-wipes at half the price of everyone else, which would throw off MP restoration costs by a bunch if that's the only thing you're considering.

Donavin69

I read back a bit before I posted, but obviously not far enough...and completely missed the discussion. I'm excited about the prospect of a NEW Bale release!

xKiv

Needs fix for clubber revamp:
Code:
Bad skill value: "Tongue of the Otter" (Universal_recovery.ash, line 105)

Theraze

Well, the otter makes the script not run. The hibernate may affect optimization, but doesn't entirely stop the use of UR.

Here's a quick otter-stripped version of UR until an official release gets made.

Attachments

• Universal_recovery.ash
    83.8 KB · Views: 84

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 3.11 released!

Changelog:
version 3.11 September 28, 2013
  • Tongue of the Otter is no longer a skill
  • Chilled to the Bone, work-around.

Download Universal Recovery v3.11 here: View attachment 7968
(Universal_Recovery.ash goes in the /scripts folder)​

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

I don't think I will ever want to use Hibernate - I have coccoon. 1 adventure is just worth too much.
I think most of the Kingdom would agree with you. However, cocoon may soon be unavailable, or at least not as reliable for non-PM classes. Jick has quite a few tricks up his sleeves still.

But if that's the case, those scrolls of drastic healing are going to be much more valuable soon.

Until Jick nerfs them ^^

And the cycle continues.

Theraze

Regarding the UR and avoiding removing of curses, would it make sense to have a check to see if the Hidden City is done before avoiding the hot tub? People might eventually choose to backfarm the Apartment for some reason and, if so, there's no reason not to remove the curse.

Bale

Minion
Due to DB revamp, r12932 will break this script. In order to maintain functionality, here is a new version:

Universal recovery v 3.12 released!

Changelog:
version 3.12 October 22, 2013
  • Disco Bandit Revamp changes Disco Power Nap to Adventurer of Leisure

Download Universal Recovery v3.12 here: View attachment 8022
(Universal_Recovery.ash goes in the /scripts folder)​

ereinion

Any idea why this happens?
Code:
[COLOR=#66CC00]Restoring HP! Currently at 128 of 1562 HP, 318 of      928 MP, current meat: 29078120 ... Target HP = 1406.[/COLOR]
Searching      for "scroll of drastic healing"...
Search complete.
Purchasing      scroll of drastic healing (1 @ 453)...
Purchases complete.
Using      cached search results for scroll of drastic healing...
Purchases complete.
Using      cached search results for scroll of drastic healing...
Purchases complete.
[COLOR=red]Did      not fully restore HP for some reason.[/COLOR]
Loading character status...
Requests      complete.

[COLOR=olive]> use scroll of dra[/COLOR]

Using      1 scroll of drastic healing...
Finished using 1 scroll of drastic      healing.

Theraze

Your inventory is out of sync. You can see that when you manually tried to use the scroll, it didn't actually restore health. Try to figure out what caused it to get out of sync and post a repeatable bug report so that the developers can fix it. If you can't figure out what you did, refreshing your inventory will make the problem go away for you right now, but it won't fix whatever caused it to break in the first place...

ereinion

My health updated in the character pane, though (after manually using the scroll). And while my inventory may have been out of sync for the entire session, it was a recurring problem throughout it. And I believe I used a "refresh inv" or a "refresh all" somewhere along the way. I could be mistaken though :p

Anyway, I am posting the session log, just in case it can be of help in figuring out the issue. Could it have something to do with that line having to do with the mall before trying to buy a scroll? I'm afraid I can't quite figure out why it is there (unless the script is just getting the mallprice of the scroll :p). View attachment the_conqueror_worm_20131022.txt

- edit - Oh, and restarting mafia doesn't seem to resolve the issue either :p

Using KoLmafia r12932 and Universal Recovery v3.12

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, I just typed this in the gCLI:

buy 1 scroll of drastic healing

and here is what my session log says:

mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=10&pudnuggler=%22scroll+of+drastic+healing%22

buy 1 scroll of drastic healing for 453 each from 1968085 on 20131022

So, it did a mall search and bought from the cheapest store.

I had the DEBUG log going, and I saw this:

Code:
Searching for "scroll of drastic healing"...
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=10&pudnuggler=%22scroll+of+drastic+healing%22
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=10&pudnuggler=%22scroll+of+drastic+healing%22
Search complete.
Purchasing scroll of drastic healing (1 @ 453)...
Search complete.
Purchasing scroll of drastic healing (1 @ 453)...
class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.MallPurchaseRequest
Connecting to mallstore.php...
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/mallstore.php?whichstore=1968085&buying=1&ajax=1&whichitem=595000000453&quantity=1
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/mallstore.php?whichstore=1968085&buying=1&ajax=1&whichitem=595000000453&quantity=1
Processing result: scroll of drastic healing
Processing result:  Meat Gained: -453
Now, keep in mind: this character was in aftercore; it was able to buy from the mall using Meat from inventory, and that is where the purchase went.

If you happen to be in Hardcore or Ronin, guess what - you can still buy things from the mall. The Meat will come from storage and that is where the purchases will go.

Looking at your log, you are an Avatar of Boris. You are obviously still in-run. Softcore, I assume, and long since out of Ronin. I don't know why your mall purchases were failing. Are you baleeted by player # 2363769?