Page 237 of 239 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2381

Thread: Universal Recovery Script

I have been getting this error shown below.

IOException during data post (https://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/au...2&act=getver): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: validity check failed.
    I tried reinstalling the script but it still appears.

It seems that the SSL certificate in use for zachbardon.com has an invalid date.

Not so much invalid date, but invalid certificate - because it was only valid until yesterday. Certificates need to be periodically renewed. The "industry practice" for this used to be "new certificate every two years", but now we see pushed towards shortening this, possibly way down to "every two months" in the foreseeable future?

Zarqon posted, in the zlib thread, that this has been fixed.

If I run the script in the relay browser it brings up the script configuration. There i can set various options, some of which is which items it is allowed to use.

I noticed there are 3 items from
    https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/..._Medicine_Show

But all 3 of those are obsolete. There is no mention of the current versions of items.
    1. Galaktik's Curative Nostrum - obsolete, can't find in wiki or mall

2. Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment - not sold by galaktik anymore, but can drop from barrel full of barrels, however it now has different stats than it used to when sold by galaktik himself

3. Galaktik's Fizzy Invigorating Tonic - obsolete, can't find in wiki or mall

The new items currently sold by galactic are:
    Doc Galaktik's Pungent Unguent
    Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir
    Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic

Also their price varies based on whether or not you finished the quest

edit: script seems to use be able to use the new items... not sure what the deal is with the old obsolete names then
    Last edited by taltamir; 05-07-2018 at 07:33 AM.

When calculating the cheapest restorer, does the script look at items that restore both MP and HP at once?

The script seems to think that the best restorer in mall mode is mountain stream soda (restores 35 MP) when actually cotton candy item cone is cheaper even if you were to let their HP restoration go to waste and only use them for their MP restore.
    While calculating the right value for a dual restore item can vary from person to person, calculating the value of only one side can be done easily (that is, ignore HP restore value to calculate only its MP restore value when comparing MP restorers; sure some HP goes to waste, but you are still saving money)

----

Another issue, on a new ascension I ended up having to heal, I was at 2 out of 6 HP. meaning I only needed to heal 4 points. Instead of using doc galaktik's pungent unguent (3-5 HP restored), it used Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir, which costs 4x as much as pungent unguent. it should be using one unguent, and then if it is still not enough to reach your desired target HP, a second one.

Code:
    Restoring HP! Currently at 2 of 6 HP, 2 of 4 MP,     current meat: 2190 ... Target HP = 6.
    Try to     heal HP from inventory.
    Purchasing Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic     Elixir (1 @ 120)...
    You spent 120 Meat
    You acquire an item: Doc     Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir
    Purchases complete.
    Using 1 Doc     Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir...
    You gain 20 hit points
    Finished     using 1 Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir.
    Last edited by taltamir; 05-13-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Another issue, on a new ascension I ended up having to heal, I was at 2 out of 6 HP. meaning I only needed to heal 4 points. Instead of using doc galaktik's pungent unguent (3-5 HP restored), it used Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir, which costs 4x as much as pungent unguent. it should be using one unguent, and then if it is still not enough to reach your desired target HP, a second one.

Code:
    Restoring HP! Currently at 2 of 6 HP, 2 of 4 MP,     current meat: 2190 ... Target HP = 6.
    Try to     heal HP from inventory.
    Purchasing Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic     Elixir (1 @ 120)...
    You spent 120 Meat
    You acquire an item: Doc     Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir
    Purchases complete.
    Using 1 Doc     Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir...
    You gain 20 hit points
    Finished     using 1 Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir.
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    If it's that big of a deal, you have a few options.
    1) buy what you want the script, or mafia to use
    2) perm a skill that will allow you to have more HP at the beginning of your run

1 is a quicker fix than 2. 2 is more of a long term goal.
    Scripts I have written:
    Unlock Dread A Script to save you a bunch of clicks.
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.
    Zap Wand A Dungeon of Doom ZAP WAND getting script.

If it's that big of a deal, you have a few options.
    1) buy what you want the script, or mafia to use
    2) perm a skill that will allow you to have more HP at the beginning of your run

1 is a quicker fix than 2. 2 is more of a long term goal.
    Originally Posted by Pazleysox View Post
    Thanks for the advice, that would work as a workaround, I intend to perm all the skills and have been making good headway on it so far I think.
    It is not a big deal, but it is still a logic flaw in the script where overhealing is not correctly taken into account, so there are some other situations where this can crop up.

Also, this is going to be an issue for any new player that tries to use this script, and new players really need the meat (due to lacking the right perms).
    There are also seasonal paths which don't let you use any permed skills which are affected. It is not a huge issue, but it does make day 1 and 2 of a run a bit more inefficient and thus painful.
    Last edited by taltamir; 05-15-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Also, this is going to be an issue for any new player
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    It should be noted that the last update was January 2018 and the previous update was February 2017. Bale has not logged in here since January 2018. The script is almost ten years old and although Bale has expressed an interest in rewriting it, nothing has been released. A new player really should take the time to identify the support status of a script before deciding to rely upon it and possibly get frustrated because it doesn't behave as expected.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I noticed today that some required website seems to be offline. Making each turn take a very long time as this script has to timeout its connection attempt

Code:
    IOException during data post     (https://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/autoupdate.php?f=recoveryScript_map_v2&act=getver):     Connection timed out: connect.
    Had to disable the script entirely in order to play.