autoConspiracy.ash - Automates daily Conspiracy Quest

Geistbar

My first proper script. I got tired of doing the Conspiracy Island quest by hand, and wrote this as a result. There is a huge field of user-defined variables for listing preferred outfit, familiar, and autoattack for specific quests. You will probably need to create a CCS/combat macro that can handle the nail clippers quest, but otherwise the user settings are to allow greater efficiency, but are not strictly necessary. It will also buy P-00 serum if you're able to access the mall and that's your current quest. The script automatically changes some settings temporarily (healing threshold for mansion), or permanently (automation of non-combats in the lab). To change the user variables, just open the .ash file up in notepad or an equivalent and look for the section labelled "User Defined Variables" -- there are more details and some instructions at the top of the script.

For those of you with no idea on creating combat macros, here's the one I use for the Mansion, modified to hopefully work on just about any character:
Code:
# For getting weirdeux quest coins
scrollwhendone
icon nailclippers

# Abort conditions
abort pastround 27

if match "frog"
	skill 15 # Cleesh
	attack; repeat
endif

use 7831 # Clippers
use 7831
use 7831

attack; repeat
For lower levels of the mansion that should be fine. For higher levels you'll want to add in stunning, spells, etc.

Attachments

• autoConspiracy.ash
    9.8 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My preferred method for weirdeaux is to free-run from everything after using clippers (and before if there's a frog head).

Axaca

Thank you for this script! This will save a few minutes every day. It's nice to think that the one I did earlier today will be the last manual quest.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. Now I need to decide whether it is easier to continue with my DrW CCS or just appropriate yours. Thank you.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Finally got around to using this. It is better than doing things manually so thank you.

For the record I am using my own CCS for Dr. W's. It looks at the creature, grabs clippings if it can and needs them and then spells, attacks or flees depending upon vulnerability. I really should share but I need to pull out some special bits hardwired to my character first.

As a FR, I might ask for the option to set a mood for a quest (much like familiars and outfits) and then restore the default mood after. I need potions to survive the Lab and use moods to do that. I'm ok with always going back to the default mood because I can't seem to find mafia support for the concept of last or previous mood.

But, nice job and thanks.

Bale

Minion
I just started using it a couple of days ago also! It's really nice and I've long since gotten tired of doing those quests manually. Spotting your new script autoDinsey caused me to remember that this existed.

As a FR, I might ask for the option to set a mood for a quest (much like familiars and outfits) and then restore the default mood after. I need potions to survive the Lab and use moods to do that. I'm ok with always going back to the default mood because I can't seem to find mafia support for the concept of last or previous mood.

My main criticisms is that it would be nice if it saved my equipment state before equipping an item like the cassette recorder and restored the original gear after the quest. (This would apply to the Dinsey script also.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
My main criticisms is that it would be nice if it saved my equipment state before equipping an item like the cassette recorder and restored the original gear after the quest. (This would apply to the Dinsey script also.)

Oh. I thought it was doing that. If it isn't then +1 on the FR - no matter how the script ends please restore the outfit/equipment to whatever it was when the script was started.

Bale

Minion
btw, the way I would implement gear restoration is with...

Code:
item [slot] gear;
familiar fam;
void saveGear() {
	fam = my_familiar();
	foreach s in $slots[]
		gear[s] = equipped_item(s);
}

void restoreGear() {
	use_familiar(fam);
	foreach s in $slots[]
		if(equipped_item(s) != gear[s])
			equip(s, gear[s]);
}

void main() {
	try {
		saveGear();

//  run quests and stuff here...

} finally
		restoreGear();
}

The try-finally block is nice because it means that even if the script is aborted by the user, his gear will still get restored.

Geistbar

Added that; script in the first post is updated with that. Ditto for the autoDinsey thread.

I couldn't discern any manner to retrieve your current mood (or autoattack), so instead I added in two new variables: restoreMood and restoreAutoAttack. You can leave them blank, but if given a string value, the script will change your mood/aa back to either or both of those after the fact.

btw, the way I would implement gear restoration is with...
[...]
The try-finally block is nice because it means that even if the script is aborted by the user, his gear will still get restored.
That's basically exactly how I had decided to add it after I read the feature request. The try-finally was a nice touch though -- I hadn't thought of that. I added that in to the code I had in my head, after I saw that. Thanks for that idea!

I really should get around to putting these up on svn so it's easier to update people.

EDIT: Oh wow that's embarrassing. First version I uploaded of that was one with a missing semi-colon. Fixed that.

Last edited:

Crowther

I really should get around to putting these up on svn so it's easier to update people.
It also makes it easier for people like me who've made local changes. I don't generally like predefined outfits. I prefer to use the maximizer to pick the best outfit. Then I don't have to worry about stat requirements or new items. I'll probably also hack in something to use FamiliarDrops.ash in zones where a familiar doesn't help.

Thanks for the scripts. I was never happy enough with my CI script to release it and I've switched to using yours.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It also makes it easier for people like me who've made local changes. I don't generally like predefined outfits. I prefer to use the maximizer to pick the best outfit. Then I don't have to worry about stat requirements or new items. I'll probably also hack in something to use FamiliarDrops.ash in zones where a familiar doesn't help.

Thanks for the scripts. I was never happy enough with my CI script to release it and I've switched to using yours.

I user predefined outfits and moods in cases where things do not change much, for example aftercore or Never Ascended. I do, however have scripts that run the mazimizer and create the outfits when total automation is my goal.

svn support would be appreciated. Failing that, moving user specified parameters out of the script would reduce the number of local changes that have to be merged. But thank you again. This works well enough that I am not going to finish polishing my own.

snooty

I just started using this script this week, and today it failed to do the containment unit for some reason. When it got to the choice adv it chose left three times, every time, failing every time without aborting. I have mafia set to automate both the containment unit and the paranormal test, is there something else I need to set that isn't immediately obvious? I know the path is LLRLR, is this one I just have to do by hand? Had I known that I'd never have gone afk ;) Anyway, thanks in advance!

I first went to CI before Crimbo after consulting https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Oceanic_Island_Survivalist_Guide
I am preparing to try this ASH scripts, so I'm investigating all the things I need to do before I begin. I realize I was just assuming it would be, "Download and run me, and I'll take care of everything. Be that naive, foolish, or both, here I am! Looking at what seems to be a glorious shell that requires some filling. This is very heartening:

You will probably need to create a CCS/combat macro that can handle the nail clippers quest, but otherwise the user settings are to allow greater efficiency, but are not strictly necessary.

So maybe one of my existing custom combat scripts will work, or I can figure one out. I have been looking for any guide or suggestions on how to defeat the monsters on Conspiracy Island (CI), but so far I've had no success. I haven't been there for weeks due to recent events, but I recall any Weirdeaux monster with snail in it would reflect all my attack spells. If anyone can point me to information / tips on how to fight overcome them, I'll appreciate it.

I have grabbed Geistbar's from the first post:
Code:
scrollwhendone
icon nailclippers

# Abort conditions
abort pastround 27

if match "frog"
skill 15 # Cleesh
attack; repeat
endif

use 7831 # Clippers
use 7831
use 7831

attack; repeat

However KoLmafia r27047 reinterprets some lines:
Code:
[ default ]
scrollwhendone
attack with weapon
# Abort conditions
abort
if match "frog"
    note unknown/ambiguous skill 15 # Cleesh
    attack with weapon
endif
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon

My CCS skills are... not advanced. I was able to fix some of the problems, maybe?, with this result:

Code:
[ default ]
# For getting Weirdeaux quest coins, from Geistbar
scrollwhendone
# icon nailclippers (what was this supposed to do?)
# Abort conditions
if pastround 27
    abort
endif
if match "frog"
    skill cleesh
    attack with weapon
endif
item military-grade fingernail clippers
attack with weapon
# For lower levels of the mansion that should be fine.
# For higher levels you'll want to add in stunning, spells, etc.
# https://kolmafia.us/threads/autoconspiracy-ash-automates-daily-conspiracy-quest.17749

I added the pastround IF because I think it might work. I'm not certain, though I've read through these two:
I realize some of the information on those pages is long out of date, but am I doing okay?

In fact, this occurs to me: will you share your CI custom combat script(s)? And / or your version of autoConspiracy.ash? If yes, would you like some in-game payment? I see Geistbar (#2306403) hasn't logged in for over 7 years....

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
The code in the first post is a macro, not a CCS: you would set it up inside KoL, by going to Options -> Combat -> Manage Your Combat Macros.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
My consult script is below, although it has been a while since I ran the quest. Add the lines below to a CCS and put the script in scripts/

The script will use clippers if doing so is needed. If clippers are not needed/available it will attack with weapon, use a spell or run away. Attacking or using a spell depends upon the monster parts. Weapon of the pastalord is the preferred spell. Obviously edits will be needed if the spell is unavailable. Getting the clippings without getting beaten up was the goal so there may be optimization possible for things that didn't matter to me.

Code:
[ one of doctor weirdeaux's creations ]
consult DrWConsult.ash

I'm offering this as a community service but if thanks is offered Fronobulax (IGN) needs some Crimbo 2022 skills and collects evil golden arches and CafeBabe (IGN) also needs some Crimbo 2022 skills but just sharing is reward enough for me.

Attachments

• DrWConsult.ash
    2.7 KB · Views: 8