Spring Break Beach - Ultimate Mind Destroyer

bombar

Is there any tracking for when the last Ultimate Mind Destroyer was found in spring break beach?

I think there is something similar tracked for last time you got anticheese, but I could be wrong.

Did a cursory scan through the settings file and didn't find anything but I could have easily missed it too.

bombar

Thanks!

Notice it says for me:
2015-01-24

Do you know if that is GMT day or local day? Wondering for those cases where I might have gotten it after rollover, but before the next day has started here.

Might not be a question for here, but I assume when the wiki says its 7 days that means 7 rollovers?
So assuming that 2015-01-24 was like at noon EST on Saturday would it be available again on the next saturday at noon since:
R1 - Sat Night, R2 - Sun Night, R3 - Mon Night, R4 - Tue Night, R5 - Wed Night, R6 - Thu Night, R7 - Fri Night
or would you have to wait for the rollover on that next saturday to occur and get it at like 10:30pm EST

Darzil

Developer
Seems to be currently the date at GMT-7. I think I asked if anyone knew the exact logic and no one has come forward with proof of it.

Theraze

The general logic has been that 'days' are Arizona days. That's been the delineation for lasagna and the ruby and other day-related items.

b bandit

So.. Is there a way to change this umdLastObtained from a string to an integer? Or is there a way to subtract one date from another?
Otherwise I don't see how this can be used in a script to calculate how much time has passed. Is there a way to do the opposite of concatenate the string (dissociate??) to remove the hyphens? I am trying to make a script to calculate how long it has been. I assume that people write scripts that track how many days it has been since something happened.

I wan't to do something like this.. But that would actually work:

string mind_destroyed = get_property( "umdLastObtained" );
string now_o_clock = now_to_string("yyyy-MM-dd");

int what_difference = now_o_clock.to_int() - mind_destroyed.to_int();
//the line above doesn't work because you can't change a string with hyphen to an int, and also you can't subtract dates like this I guess.

print ("Last UMD obtained: " + mind_destroyed);
print ("Current date time: " + now_o_clock);
print ("Difference? (won't work): " + what_difference);

Last edited:

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Code:
int now = now_to_int();
int last_umd = date_to_timestamp("yyyy-MM-dd", get_property("umdLastObtained"));
int time_diff = now - last_umd;
boolean can_get_umd = (time_diff / 86400000) >= 7;

b bandit

Yay, thanks so much! That's everything I needed and I don't even have to figure out how many milliseconds in 7 days!